Bigger vehicles for conversions

wildebus

Forum Member
Yup, a bit wider but personally don't like those so would not be my first choice (or second or third).
If choice is between length Vs width, extra length for me wins every time. Length AND width? Now that is another conversation.

Millie Master

Forum Member
If choice is between length Vs width, extra length for me wins every time.
My choice is made very much whilst wearing my practicality hat, with several must have tick boxes well and truly ticked. The first one (and most important) being resistance to the dreaded tin monster!

Darcar

Forum Member
The sevel van is a very sensible choice. That’s the reason why so many professional converters use them. Turning a 20k van into a 50k motorhome!

It’s not the one for me, I find them a bit tinny and to light weight, ( I’v probably annoyed most people on here now) sorry!
It’s just choice. Each to their own.
Happy new year to you all.

Millie Master

Forum Member
The sevel van is a very sensible choice.
It’s not the one for me, I find them a bit tinny and to light weight, ( I’v probably annoyed most people on here now) sorry!
It’s just choice. Each to their own.

Haha that’s true,
you’ve got to admire that they used galvanising long before the others.

Darren, you most certainly haven't annoyed me, in any case your experience and valued attention to detail combine to make your involvement in discussions so very valuable even if you do drive around in a slow heavy weight old Merc. !!;)

However as a Renault Master owner, I must correct you on one thing. Renault started the galvanising bug way back in 2004, followed by the Sevel made vans in 2007, then it was IVECO in ??? 2016 ??? and finally Mercedes with their brand new Sprinter mid this year.

Happy New Year to you to.

Phil

Squiffy

Forum Member
I think that unless you live right out in the country with easy access or in a vast manor with plenty of land to park it on your niebours would be a little bit p**t off living next door. Phil

trevskoda

Forum Member
I think that unless you live right out in the country with easy access or in a vast manor with plenty of land to park it on your niebours would be a little bit p**t off living next door. Phil
Non of there biz,i told some of mine years back when working on cars,that they only bought one house in street but if they wanted mine put a good offer in,im still here and some moved other shut up.

wildebus

Forum Member
I can definately imagine doing a RV Fit-out on a double-decker bus if I were in the US. It would probably be more usable on the road then many of those massive RV Coaches that cost >$500k that you can get over there and so much room!
Within the UK and Europe I can imagine it could be a pain with low bridges and the need to stick to major routes only I guess? (and can a double-decker get on a lorry ferry?)

Back in the US, there is a fair community of people that take classic 1950's and 1960's Coaches (in the UK meaning for Coach) and doing a full update and conversion to an modern RV , but with great character.
This is 'Technomadias' 1961 Coach
I would love something like that as well :)

Millie Master

Forum Member
Could you imagine a double decker with extendable sides on the lower level.

Mind you, anyone who watches the F1 circus at any of the European races will see the enormous/palatial mobile lounges used by the Fi teams all of which are nothing else than a glorified mobile home!

Just imagine turning up at a CL in one of those!!;)

https://www.google.com/search?q=ima...UIHTRyDNgQ9QEwBXoECAQQDA#imgrc=oD4rKSglTRLvIM:

McLaren-4.jpg

Darcar

Forum Member
A lot of folk have used the optare small coach to build on.

Yeah there was a guy (on the other site) who had started one but I’v never seen one finished! They are great buses , I believe that they use Toyota engine and running gear, which would be enough for me to get excited about.

trevskoda

Forum Member
I should be so lucky, got to take my second oldest to the coach station for 0100hrs to catch a coach to Gatewick for a flight to Peru. He's going for 2-3 months. Ok for sum 😏Phil.
What the heck is there to do in peru other than dig up old artifacts and chase young girls.:love:

Squiffy

Forum Member
Chase young girls (y). Every six months or so he disappears somewhere in the world for a month or two, he's done that since he left the Marines. He's a fully qualified expeditions/NHS Paramedic, for the last seven months he was working for NHS Wales and just had enough of the excessive shifts and horrendous working conditions, I know its the truth his health has suffered mentally and physically he reckons he was happier in Afghan than working as a NHS Paramedic, so he's off to Peru for a two or three month holiday and then returning to work in Africa as a volunteer expedition Medic for six months, think he just loves the sun:giggle:

trevskoda

Forum Member
Chase young girls (y). Every six months or so he disappears somewhere in the world for a month or two, he's done that since he left the Marines. He's a fully qualified expeditions/NHS Paramedic, for the last seven months he was working for NHS Wales and just had enough of the excessive shifts and horrendous working conditions, I know its the truth his health has suffered mentally and physically he reckons he was happier in Afghan than working as a NHS Paramedic, so he's off to Peru for a two or three month holiday and then returning to work in Africa as a volunteer expedition Medic for six months, think he just loves the sun:giggle:
Just right,hospitals here in n/ireland are at breaking point,just had a ph call tonight about wifes aunt sitting almost 36 hrs for a bed in antrim,nurses in there are worked of there feet.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)