Another bit done!

vronpullover

poppy ...keep going lol

we just near finised ours and are by the letter box every morning looking for our log book with motor home on it from the dvla....they are saying that a pannel van will never look like a motorhome they have had a lot of people doing the conversions and the police dont see them as a motorhome so a word of warning for you do all you can on the out side to make it look like one..it will save you a lot of hard work at the end....we have spent a lot of money on oure so all we can do is keep our fingers crossed that the log book comes back all good...good luck with the oven..lol

Poppy

we just near finised ours and are by the letter box every morning looking for our log book with motor home on it from the dvla....they are saying that a pannel van will never look like a motorhome they have had a lot of people doing the conversions and the police dont see them as a motorhome so a word of warning for you do all you can on the out side to make it look like one..it will save you a lot of hard work at the end....we have spent a lot of money on oure so all we can do is keep our fingers crossed that the log book comes back all good...good luck with the oven..lol

Thanks for the heads up :)

And well done,how long did it take you?
It's only me doing mine,with a helping hand from my partner as and when I need another pair of hands!

vronpullover

well poppy it took about 8 mths on and off dew to the weather...my other half and myself have had a go between us both we have it near to the way we had pland it out...we had to arrange the shower and kitchen around abit dew to of the wheelarchs being where they are..its come on good as i brought a caravan and done it that way...we have a few more jobs ..i e back windows i know they should of gone in first but haveing a job getting them.. i take it your leg or foot is better now as your geting on with the duck now ....hehe ..

Poppy

well poppy it took about 8 mths on and off dew to the weather...my other half and myself have had a go between us both we have it near to the way we had pland it out...we had to arrange the shower and kitchen around abit dew to of the wheelarchs being where they are..its come on good as i brought a caravan and done it that way...we have a few more jobs ..i e back windows i know they should of gone in first but haveing a job getting them.. i take it your leg or foot is better now as your geting on with the duck now ....hehe ..

Yeah my ankle is much better thank you, off the crutches now :) but still walk with a little bit of a limp :(
Went to see company Dr yesterday & he won't allow me back til 25th, which gives me time to spend on the duck :) albeit slowly!!

Oh I'm sure I'm doing a few bits too early & then too late! But as long as the jobs get done, it's all about learning :)

mikejay

Don't talk to me about the DVLA i only swapped my reg over in person at preston and 2weeks later my logbook came back the place where it should have had model LT35 was blank and the type had been changed to goods vehicle? How can a factory built autosleeper be a goods vehicle?. So i had to send it back with a letter and pictures of the outside and inside of the van still waiting for the v5c now:mad2:

n brown

Forum Member
looking good Poppy,don't worry about forgetting a few things,most stuff can be retro fitted.every job done is one off the list,until one day you don't have a list--you have a camper !

Wooie1958

Forum Member
Don't talk to me about the DVLA i only swapped my reg over in person at preston and 2weeks later my logbook came back the place where it should have had model LT35 was blank and the type had been changed to goods vehicle? How can a factory built autosleeper be a goods vehicle?. So i had to send it back with a letter and pictures of the outside and inside of the van still waiting for the v5c now:mad2:

I do hope that you are not Casting Aspersions on the wonderful people up at Caxton Road, Fulwood..............LOL

I had fun and games with them a while back after finding that my Motorhome was in the Wrong Taxation Class.......( Thank You , Campbells).

To cut a long story short they were blaming me for driving a vehicle which had " Incorrect Information " registered with them from new.

After several weeks of being messed about by people both on the phone and up at the office i went there in the Motorhome and parked
sideways across the car park entrance and Locked and Alarmed it.

After lots of shouting and Security threatening to remove the vehicle the Manager came out politely asked me to move it and said they would
personally sort out the problem which they did there and then.

It shouldn`t have come to that but what else do you do when you are dealing with the Computer Say No brigade.

Poppy

Oh dear, don't sound good :( maybe you should do what 'wooie' did :)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)