Airbag warning light on citroen relay 2.2 hdi 2005

Discoduck

Well all sorted at auto ecectricery shop. Niel Harrod at MANSFIELD
Turns out fault was recorded in ECU as no connection to middle seat censer
.Not surprised as middle seat removed as part of camper conversion in 2008.

I had put a 3.3 ohm resister into the middle seat socket connector which sorted the problem, but the ECU needed to be cleared of the above fault with manufactures own computer soft ware. only one that will talk to ECU apparently
ONE HOUR LATER £106 lighter JOB IS A GOOD`UN. Then I remembered the £40 I had already spent with a mobile auto electrician .Doh!

MOT failed on front brakes juddering due to rusted up discs. Quick blast up the By Pass left footing the brake pedal as I drive the 3 miles there and back .Brakes now polished up jobs a good¬un .PASS YEH
MOT failed on front orange indicator bulbs shining white .2 new bulbs fitted ..PASS YEY.
Old ones the orange was pealing off. £3 the pair.

Tried to TAX tonight but SWANSEA still say NO CURRENT MOT.

Camper also sorn at the moment. from 1st of April.

rgds.dd

SO THE FUN CONTINUES.

witzend

Forum Member
Thanks for letting us know the outcome glad all's fixed can you let us know procedure for fitting the resistors

salamander

Unusual cause for warning light

This might be completely out of court but it's worth a mention. I had a problem with airbag warning light coming on in my Peugeot Boxer cab. The local Peugeot approved garage tested it and said I needed a new control unit (an aluminium box about the size of a post card). Cost me over £300. However the fault reappeared and garage said it could happen any time but maybe something else was causing it to fail (they suggested another £300)
Next thing happened was the brake warning light started to come on intermittently, then the low fuel warning light, then the speedo kept dropping down to zero. Then the indicator warning lights and main beam warning lights started coming on and going off. In fact the whole facia started lighting up like a Christmas tree. Looking on some of the forums, it seemed likely that dry joints on the display panel were a common problem and it would be best to get the panel changed under warranty. It was out of warranty (of course!) but as a known problem I asked Peugeot to fix. Took van to Peterborough where they checked it all out. I foolishly said I was pretty sure it was the display panel. However I ended up with egg on my face when the technician discovered it was a small unit attached to my after market Kenwood radio that allowed the steering wheel controls to work with the Kenwood radio. He just unplugged it and everything was fine as far as the warning lights were concerned (including the air bag!). Modern vehicles use a CanBus system where everything passes data over a simplified wiring system. Apparently the failure of this little radio controller unit caused it to send out rubbish over the wiring and this caused all of the lights to come on and go off. Ok so I now have working van electrics but have to change the volume etc on the radio rather than using the steering wheel
Think I could have saved myself £300 in the first place if the cause had been spotted
Wonde if bay any chance you may have changed the radio?

Last edited by a moderator:

Discoduck

Airbag warning light on citroen relay 2.2 hdi 2005 Your Message Title:

Thanks for letting us know the outcome glad all's fixed can you let us know procedure for fitting the resistors[ The ones i got come in 2.2 2.7 3.3 ohms they can be soldered in place of the seat occupancy mat that sits inside the seat base. or on seat belts etc .Have a google around but be careful you could set an air bag or seatbelt rocket off.
rgds.dd

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)