Acrylic or glass windows

RAW

Forum Member
With the solar panels taking up all the free roof space on the sides of the roof, where to put the exhaust.
Vent out to rear with ducting ? Or to the side. As it would be low heat you can just have some sort of aerated flat cover on the side to vent out to, maybe with a flap to stop water going in from the weather bit like:

cowled_grill.jpg

Gravity_shutter.jpg

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
It's 8.1 metres long. 2.2 wide and 3.1 high. The rest I'll edit in later as Anita is having a day off due to having 16 stiches in her leg yesterday.

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: RAW

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
Vent out to rear with ducting ? Or to the side. As it would be low heat you can just have some sort of aerated flat cover on the side to vent out to, maybe with a flap to stop water going in from the weather bit like:
With what I'm after the extractor fan mount in the roof.

Attachments

• installation_and_operating_manual_52861 (1).pdf
    2.5 MB · Views: 271

RAW

Forum Member
Says:
"The extractor hood should preferably be mounted above the cooking zone and built into a suspended cabinet if possible"

Sure it wouldn't make too much odds to vent out the side if the ducting length not overly long, worth testing maybe whilst not in place turned on with a long length of ducting and see what Fan pressure is at the end compared to straight out of the hood.

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
It's hard to explain, but I have very limited options of what I can do with the roof. The rolled edge you see above the windows is part of the roll over structure. Not somewhere to put big holes. When Anita is up to it we'll do a dummy fit of the solar panels and then see what options are left. Fortunately, Plaxton have provided us with a parts list and drawings with some dimensions. Helps to find hidden structure.
15540729829_1c590e5ebd_m.jpg

RAW

Forum Member
A ha - Different Coach now, how long's that one ? Or is it the same one in different colours, notice picture has a time stamp of 19/02/2009 !!

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
A ha - Different Coach now, how long's that one ? Or is it the same one in different colours, notice picture has a time stamp of 19/02/2009 !!
This is "Betty" the plaxton Cheetah. The one with bonded windows. This about 8.5 metres long and a bit wider and taller. I don't have any current pictures that show the whole of the outside, the paint work is more subtle now. The one I'd shown earlier has better designed widows. All the hard work has been done on that, just some finishing to the bodywork and then painting.

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
Yes the LHE Mercedes ‘Murky” is the one that we’ll be selling. It’s supposed to be pale lilac, but the blue bleached out quite quickly making it look more pink.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)