24 volt Eberspacher

StreetSleeper

Forum Member
Someone has been there before you, I wonder why?
Is your felt seal missing on the front of the burner?

Yes, I have to agree with you, there are great big muddy footprints all over it. The felt seal was there, it was absolutely drenched in diesel and fell apart when I touched it.

mistericeman

Forum Member
Yup looks like someone has had a fiddle there.... Last service kit I bought was around £20 (not including burner pin)
Which I thought was so reasonable I bought an extra one in the van just incase.

StreetSleeper

Forum Member
Last service kit I bought was around £20 (not including burner pin)
Which I thought was so reasonable I bought an extra one in the van just incase.

changed days. Got the kit. Not convinced about the glow plug so just went for got the lot
1615835627274.png

GENUINE EBERSPACHER 24V D1LC/D1LCC COMPACT HEATER SERVICE KIT W/GLOW PLUG E3587
ITEM PRICE:
£77.99

Last edited:

StreetSleeper

Forum Member
I was looking at the gasket today and I wasn't happy with the way it hadn't sealed and it was quite clear to see that it was not making a very good seal. Now, when I took it apart I remembered the screws were quite tight but in very good condition so the only thing I could think may have caused a problem was that somebody had replaced the screws with slightly longer ones. Basically, the plate is three washers thick so I decided to cut my new screws two washers thick.
As you can see from the picture, had the old gasket in place and with the screw fully screwed home I could squeeze two washers under the head.

DSCN0201.JPG

This picture shows the original screw, I can quite comfortably slide three washers under: they are only stepped for the purpose of the photograph.

DSCN0210.JPG

This will give you some idea of the difference in length. I believe this would make a large contribution for why the heater was not working.

DSCN0215.JPG

Deleted member 4404

Well spotted Rae. (y) Strange that anyone would fit overlong screws, and why :unsure:.

wildebus

Forum Member
you can buy screws of any length so if someone bought a replacement after loosing the old one or knackering the head?

Possibly it broke the end off in the shaft (Maybe heat welded the tip to the housing?) and it is now effectively a shorter shaft to fit the bolt in?

Would a knackered gasket here stop the heater from running? or would it just be fumes getting into the cabin, etc? (obviously important, but heater stopper?)

Last edited:

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
I used to love the challenge of fixing things, but I’ve had enough of following those with sexy fingers! I blame utube type guides on how to repair it.

If it’s been opened, it’s scrap!!

This is why I just bought Anita a new van. It’s never going to have a dealer service as often they get damaged. I’m dreading it’s first mot.

Look on the bright side, you’ve been entertained.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)