ON DEMAND WATER HEATER

JIXAMAN

Forum Member
Ok, so I like the idea of on demand hot water but seeing that the whole ethos of the van is self sufficiency electricity is out, I mean we have a 270AH with solar but its not shore power so we have gas onboard.

With that, I done a little research on those "camping" showers that are all over the internet the now and there are some funny videos of folks testing the open top type inside their vans and damn nearly killing themselves... But, there are others of folks with the flue top type using them in their vans, one that was quite inspirational was the young lad who had his in a base unit cupboard. It just fitted and worked with a 90degree pipe from the top of the heater to an outside fridge style vent.

Anyway, I bought one... And that was like three months ago... Still no fitted it yet... But I will... Just need to figure out where its going to go as it dont quite fit anywhere ahv got space for it so may need to redesign a bit of the build to make it work...

Anyone else go down this route and have an install that does not involve opening the back doors to take a shower?

M, think ah need to act fast on getting it installed as Woman keeps flooding out the garage when using the tap (no hot water hooked up and a mixer tap means wet garage)...

Cheers and thanks for the input on other threads, theres been a lot of help inspiration and laughs (ah'll no say what at, lol)...

Jixa.

Nabsim

Forum Member
I keep toying with an instant gas water heater but I have a full height external locker that vents outside and is sealed from the habitation area. Makes it a lot simpler for me if I do it plus I could get away without room sealed heater if I wanted.

JIXAMAN

Forum Member
Nabsim, ah'v the garage but have the bed over it so its height limited, think the only option is on the bulkhead for the bed just inside the back door but thats a vent issue. More thinking juice needed... Cheers...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)