Interior lining - started

dots46

Currently prepping van for French trip on 1st September so this is obviously really urgent stuff! Van was ply lined when I got it so before using it over the past 2 months I painted the ply magnolia. A very fetching colour but main idea was to have some sort of key for the future.

Have done this today (see pic)! Basically it's pvc tablecloth that you buy by the metre. This was £3 a metre and I reckon to have enough to do my (small) van with 4 metres excluding the roof. It is basically stretched over the ply and taped on the back board. I tried stapling but didn't like the staples in it. Used some copydex around the extreme of it and with the tape, plus the screws pushing it back to the van it seems to have given a good finish. Wasn't actually the pattern I wanted but the van is blue so it sort of goes.

View attachment 24452

st3v3

Forum Member
You can get a spray glue for carpet fitting which is perfect.

Not the material I'd choose mind lol. Fair play though, we're all different and good to see diy stuff :)

campervanannie

Forum Member
Fab

Currently prepping van for French trip on 1st September so this is obviously really urgent stuff! Van was ply lined when I got it so before using it over the past 2 months I painted the ply magnolia. A very fetching colour but main idea was to have some sort of key for the future.

Have done this today (see pic)! Basically it's pvc tablecloth that you buy by the metre. This was £3 a metre and I reckon to have enough to do my (small) van with 4 metres excluding the roof. It is basically stretched over the ply and taped on the back board. I tried stapling but didn't like the staples in it. Used some copydex around the extreme of it and with the tape, plus the screws pushing it back to the van it seems to have given a good finish. Wasn't actually the pattern I wanted but the van is blue so it sort of goes.

View attachment 24452

That's fab can I ask where you bought it from as I have similar but with all the seaside towns in Cornwall printed on it mine was £10 a mtr.

dots46

That's fab can I ask where you bought it from as I have similar but with all the seaside towns in Cornwall printed on it mine was £10 a mtr.

Yes no problems, got it from the Original factory shop which may be 'a northern thing'. Did see some really good (better actually) designs at The Range for a similar price.

dots46

You can get a spray glue for carpet fitting which is perfect.

Not the material I'd choose mind lol. Fair play though, we're all different and good to see diy stuff :)

Material or design lol! Not my first choice if the van was a keeper but it's just a stop gap. I have a tin of carpet adhesive which I may use on the larger panels, if I run out of copydex.

hpold

Hi a bit late but at Preston market there is a fabric stall I got a load of blind material for £1 and redid the roof of our Hymer . Took advantave as I was up there and put it up with carpet spray adhesive . Still going strong. If the adhesive fails aftera while just warm the spot up with a warm iron and it will stick back .

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)