Hi, from Portugal

HTF

Forum Member
Over the course of 18 months during peak Covid, I built myself a campervan. I've posted all my build over at motorhomer.com and if there is interest, I could replicate here as well. Here's a video just before it went for the DMV inspection.

https://flic.kr/p/2p2jrXn

Millie Master

Forum Member
All self builds are of interest to the vast majority of us on this forum group.

Your build looks to be to an exceptionally high standard which surely must have been a bit difficult doing such a thing in Portugal where I doubt if there are as many good suppliers of materials?

The design, was it all of your own doing or did you utilise the layout from a professionally built van as some of the elements seem to be quite similar to me?

Apart from the rear fixed bed, do any of the other seats convert into beds?

Truly well done.

Phil

HTF

Forum Member
All self builds are of interest to the vast majority of us on this forum group.

Your build looks to be to an exceptionally high standard which surely must have been a bit difficult doing such a thing in Portugal where I doubt if there are as many good suppliers of materials?

The design, was it all of your own doing or did you utilise the layout from a professionally built van as some of the elements seem to be quite similar to me?

Apart from the rear fixed bed, do any of the other seats convert into beds?

Truly well done.

Phil
Hi, thanks for the complement. The design came from a mix of experiences I had and tried from previous vans I owned. I new what I did't like so I tried to correct it.

As for the extra double bed, it's planned and will be made soon. I have 2 grown up daughters who no longer travel with us and no grandchildren so, there is no urgency.
With the front seats swiveled facing each other there is room for a double bed with an inflatable mattress on a aluminium folding frame that will go just above the table up to the dashboard. There is still room to access the rear door to go outside. The frame is collapsible and everything fits in the over the cabin storage space.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)