Custom Campervan Stolen/Theft

Dinosawus

Forum Member
Having just had my campervan conversion stolen from a London street after 4 months of hard work, I would just like to remind the community how common place theft of campervans/motorhomes is and how important it is to take all measures possible to prevent theft especially if you park the vehicle on an urban street or high crime area. I have heard at least 5 stories from owners who have had campers stolen and never found. It would be interesting to know what typically happens to them as you would think its pretty difficult to use it in the UK without someone noticing it was stolen. Probably most are broken for parts or used abroad.

Gated secure parking is the best bet followed by vehicle trackers as this will slow them down a bit and give some chance of recovery. Foot pedal box locks are effective as the lock is underneath and difficult to access. Steering locks are pretty useless. Not sure how effective wheel locks are.

Best of luck with your builds and keeping hold of them afterwards.

mistericeman

Forum Member
Having just had my campervan conversion stolen from a London street after 4 months of hard work, I would just like to remind the community how common place theft of campervans/motorhomes is and how important it is to take all measures possible to prevent theft especially if you park the vehicle on an urban street or high crime area. I have heard at least 5 stories from owners who have had campers stolen and never found. It would be interesting to know what typically happens to them as you would think its pretty difficult to use it in the UK without someone noticing it was stolen. Probably most are broken for parts or used abroad.

Gated secure parking is the best bet followed by vehicle trackers as this will slow them down a bit and give some chance of recovery. Foot pedal box locks are effective as the lock is underneath and difficult to access. Steering locks are pretty useless. Not sure how effective wheel locks are.

Best of luck with your builds and keeping hold of them afterwards.
Disklok is THE most effective steering wheel lock (bar types are worse than useless )
Pedal lock after that
OBD port relocate/armour especially if its a transit
Fuel/electrical shut off
Cheap easily found tracker
And a second well hidden one
Etc etc .

What van was yours and what security were you using ?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)