X250 Ducato / Relay / Boxer / Jumper sliding door open warning

KuusamoMart

Forum Member
I'm having a lot of issues with the sliding door showing as open and unable to lock the van. The door doesn't shut perfectly and there is no more adjustment on the lock and striker assembly. If I lean on the door slightly, it will register as closed and I can lock the van, however, as soon as I release the pressure, the alarm goes off. I removed the contact assembly from the door and used a drill bit to push the switch operating pad to its fully extended position (it was fully retracted previously), but when I closed the door, the problem occurred again; I had a look at the pad and it was partially retracted, so had obviously contacted the switch, so I cannot understand why the setting was lost. Any ideas why this doesn#t adjust correctly?

JIXAMAN

Forum Member
Had a few times with the Sprinter but each time cleaning the contacts and ball n sockets (shed load of debris on the bottom where the runner lives) etc, n touch wood it keeps working... Ok, different van but some things to look at... Chers...

KuusamoMart

Forum Member
Had a few times with the Sprinter but each time cleaning the contacts and ball n sockets (shed load of debris on the bottom where the runner lives) etc, n touch wood it keeps working... Ok, different van but some things to look at... Chers...
The X250 vans use a plunger switch so don't rely on the contacts on the block for the door open signal. Good point about the runners though, I'll get a brush and clean them out thoroughly

MarkJ

Forum Member
You wouldn't believe they'd been making these vans for 30 years: mine (from new) has had continual leaks from the door seals on the sliding door. I'm on the 4th set now and hopefully these seem to have done it.

I'm sorry you're having trouble. I'm afraid I can't help, can only sympathise!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)