Window

K24har

Forum Member
Hi I am looking to buy the window hinges on my motorhome. Any suggestions where I could buy them . I would be so grateful.

K24har

Forum Member
Hi Phil
I am looking for the trim that attaches to the window on a autotrail scout . One side of the hinge that just hooks on the van itself . Thank you

Millie Master

Forum Member
Hi Phil
I am looking for the trim that attaches to the window on a autotrail scout . One side of the hinge that just hooks on the van itself . Thank you

It would help if you could attach a photograph as your description is somewhat confusing, well to me at least.

Squiffy

Forum Member
Hi Phil
Hmmm, it as Phil (Millie master) says really needs a photo put up of the window in question. I think your talking about the inverted 'U' shaped rail that is clamped to the top of the window and is clipped into the receiver rail that's attached to the window frame, but can not be sure. Some where I suspect there is a maker's name etched into the plastic glass area. Phil

Squiffy

Forum Member
This sort of place and as Dave suggests Magnums would be a good place even if only to ask if they know where you might get one, though I'm doubtful that you will be able to source a new piece as most shops want to only sell the complete window. But the actual manufacturer might possibly send you the individual part. Phil

K24har

Forum Member
A little more information on exactly what make and type would be helpful 🙂. Phil
Hello Phil .
I am sorry for the late reply : this my window . The aluminium strip that runs across the top . Is what I am looking for : it’s like a detachable hinge . One ont the window and the attached to the frame work . I would be most grateful if you could help in any way . Keith

Attachments

• 20D27E11-D48D-42A1-94AF-5C2BC8E4CC8D.jpeg
    20D27E11-D48D-42A1-94AF-5C2BC8E4CC8D.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 108

Millie Master

Forum Member
I am fairly certain that you won'tbe able to buy from a retail outlet one of these unique hinges, however I suggest you contact Magnum Motorhomes who employ so many very knowledgeable people that they might be able to help, otherwise I repeat my earlier suggestion and contact some breakers yards.

Phil

Squiffy

Forum Member
Thats a Sietz window Keith, sorry I've been swapping over to a new phone over the last few days, far harder than building a van 😄, only just got the ability to view this site back. Phil

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)