Why do you guys make self build difficult

izwozral

Seen few of them in NZ, also, caravans bolted onto a flat bed truck. Hmmm, that has got me thinking.

Lovely motor! All for the caravan on a flatbed idea, quick and easy way to get mobile, only downside I can see is no walkthrough access from cab to living area.:camper::hammer::drive::cool1:

Get the angle grinder out. Few folk have done it with Lutons

Mick Browne

Motorhome cost

When I was first looking for my motorhome I couldn't believe the cost. I can now as I own one. But in my head was the cost of a 10 year old motorhome split this in to two parts and bolt them together. A vehicle would cost around £2000. I don't know what a caravan of this age would cost but sat £4000? Bolt them together that's £6000. May not look as good as a motorhome but cheap and does the job. I am glad I spent a lot more to have what I have now. But if you can do it well done.

n brown

Forum Member
never put a caravan on a truck. seen plenty, just found it easier to make my own stuff.i like to see that sort of thing though, a good shortcut to a camper

channa

Lovely motor! All for the caravan on a flatbed idea, quick and easy way to get mobile, only downside I can see is no walkthrough access from cab to living area.:camper::hammer::drive::cool1:

Equally in my experience cold weather more heat is lost through the cab than anywhere else on Coach builts and campers so perhaps not a bad thing.

the cab is a little Fiat 900 Amigo I think they called it, early 80,s were marketed as campers by Fiat

Channa

haydn williams

Hi

When I was first looking for my motorhome I couldn't believe the cost. I can now as I own one. But in my head was the cost of a 10 year old motorhome split this in to two parts and bolt them together. A vehicle would cost around £2000. I don't know what a caravan of this age would cost but sat £4000? Bolt them together that's £6000. May not look as good as a motorhome but cheap and does the job. I am glad I spent a lot more to have what I have now. But if you can do it well done.

A friend of mine fitted a caravan which was for free and fitted it to a Ford Transit flat bed Pickup truck really nice. H

DAVEY

Just don't open the door and step out while you're still half asleep, You'll be halfway to the ground before You remember how high up You were!

countrycruisers

Hummmm

Would you call it a good conversion???????????
Would we drive it NO.
A good conversion draws attention from people looking at your conversion.
We converted a Trendline T5 with stunning effect. it includes rock&roll bed, pull out solid Ash table, 12v fridge, Thetford toilet, wash sink/2 burner hob, loads of storage space, dirty lining basket, separate purpose made gas locker, and loads more. It is surprising what you can fit in

mikejay

Or this one that lives in scarborough i am sure a few of you have seen this on your travels.Looks like he has a wood burner behind the little door with the window in it.View attachment 52315

Mike

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)