What do you think of this....

AuldTam

Having more or less got the inside of my conversion sorted for the season my thoughts turned to the exterior. My van has a few little dings, scratches and rust spots so at first I was thinking of having it resprayed, too expensive. Then I saw a merc van conversion on a different forum with an urban camo effect which I thought might be the answer to my problems, no need for a full respray. I contacted the owner and he told me it was coloured vinyl and not paint.

I've only done the bonnet so far, what do you Think?

.View attachment 51709

Looser cruiser

Is it a map of Europe after brexit and Scottish independence ?

AuldTam

I can see Mull, but it is upside doon!! :lol-053:

Your correct haha!

I had the idea to make all the cut outs similar outlines to Scottish islands but most are too intricate, except mull lol.

Jays

Was it easy to apply?
Seen one in green they burn out a couple of hair dryers!
I thought a heat gun made for the job with run hours not minutes.
So was it easy to fit?
What will it cost?
And where did you buy it from?
Looks great.
Looking forward to seeing it complete.
John

AuldTam

Was it easy to apply?
Seen one in green they burn out a couple of hair dryers!
I thought a heat gun made for the job with run hours not minutes.
So was it easy to fit?
What will it cost?
And where did you buy it from?
Looks great.
Looking forward to seeing it complete.
John

I haven't used a heat gun. I used a little applicator from the suppliers, I bought 3 rolls at 610mm X 5m for £27. I think that will be enough to do the van, I'll let you know.

Auld Pharrrt

I like it, I'd never do it, but I like it.

If I did try anything like it it would be the black & white freisian cow version. One of my nephews yeaes ago got a heap of material and upholstered his car with the moo-coo pattern ... I loved it.

AuldTam

I haven't used a heat gun. I used a little applicator from the suppliers, I bought 3 rolls at 610mm X 5m for £27. I think that will be enough to do the van, I'll let you know.

Offt! Had a tough day with the vinyl today. It's very difficult to lay it on curves without air bubbles developing, also difficult going over any seems. I had a look on utube and the experts use a heat gun, I've decided to just try and avoid as many curves and seems as possible. It would probably be best left to the pros if your looking for a top quality finish.

I'll post some pics when it's completed.

installer

I've been thinking of vinyl wrapping my Iveco for some time, I'll be interested to see pics of the final result.

jagmanx

Daktari monkey

Bloody hell, Daktari...that's a blast from the past. I think the lion was called Clarence, I can't remember the monkey's name.

I think it was called "Cheeta" or same sound. (strange name for a monkey)

Remember it was "Clarence the cross-eyed lion" to give the full name.

Just done a search maybe Judy (Cheetah was in Tarzan ?)

Last edited by a moderator:

Deadsfo

I can see insurance problems if someone runs into you and claims they did'nt see you!:)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)