Water tanks and fabrications

Hi

I came across a old post about water holding tanks and want to let people know that some plastic are ok for water with no cross contamination, we have been fabricators for more than 30 years.

Pudsey Bear

Forum Member
I've used http://www.tank.me/ Shaun designed built and fitted my fresh and waste tanks, all I had to do was fit the inlet and pipe to the van, and provide the U bend for the shower and kitchen sink he made it all fit, excellent job and a good price plus he never seemed to stop laughing

Pudsey Bear

Forum Member
I dunno what he charges now, but he does the whole job from cutting the material to fitting it and he gives a warranty too, but even at that rate it's only £100 for a 100 litre tank fitted.

Also to consider is the thickness of the tank material, if he's still using the same stuff it was 5 or 6mm which he reckoned was good for winters in the alps without freezing, never tested it that far but we camp all year round and had no frozen tank.

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
If a plastic tank weld splits the minerals in the water will form a scale at the joint. The chances of making a long term viable weld to seal it is unlikely. To stand a chance you would have to saw out the weld to get back to clean material and then it should be ok.
My original tank was made in a Anchor Foods workshop without the managements knowledge. They had been plastic welding long before most people knew it was possible.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)