Water Pump cutting in and out

Houdini

Forum Member
Hi I have recently installed a Shurflo water pump into my camper, when I turn the water on the pump pulsates constantly but the water flow is good and steady. Is this correct or should the pump be constantly on when pumping water? There is a link to a YouTube video below of someone who posted a similar issue.

Thanks for your help in advance :)

MarkJ

Forum Member
Do you have an accumulator as well? The Shurflo is pressure sensitive and will only run when the pressure drops below a threshold value. So it most likely won't be on continuously when you use a tap - it'll wait before the pressure drops. If you have an accumulator, which tends to 'buffer' the system, then it's even more likely to cycle rather than run all the time.

I can't remember exactly what mine does, but I'm sure it pulses rather than runs all the time

Houdini

Forum Member
Do you have an accumulator as well? The Shurflo is pressure sensitive and will only run when the pressure drops below a threshold value. So it most likely won't be on continuously when you use a tap - it'll wait before the pressure drops. If you have an accumulator, which tends to 'buffer' the system, then it's even more likely to cycle rather than run all the time.

I can't remember exactly what mine does, but I'm sure it pulses rather than runs all the time
Thanks , yes I have a accumulator fitted

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)