Wanted: Curtain and soft furnisher to complete self build...

Jon Hodgson

Hi,

This is my first post - so Hi!

I'm in the closing stages of completing an ex-library bus conversion and need the services of a creative soul who can do the curtains / blinds, seat re-covering and create some seat cushions capable of converting a self made four seater into a bed. I've approached careavan.co.uk however they are quoting a king's ransom. I found a lady who seemed really up for the job, but she has pulled out of the project so I'm now reaching to see if any of you have had a good experience re-upholstering and could provide a recommendation for somebody with both the skills and the artistic flair to complete my bus?

I live near Newport in South Wales so the closer the better would be preferable (if possible!).

Many thanks in advance, and here's a picture of my beauty that is seeking the finishing touches :)

View attachment 28363

delicagirl

I have a lady in somerset who is ace.... she has done a lot of work on my bus and is very good and reasonably priced

QFour

Hi .. Welcome to the forum. Lot of work involved in what you want. Anyone who has any experience will know how much work is involved and they will not want to do it for peanuts. It's the first thing you notice when you walk in so if it's not right it will stand out like a saw thumb. Unless you are happy with a sewing machine yourself I would let the Professionals get on with it. At least you know it will be done properly.

delicagirl

Thanks Delicagirl - can you forward me her details please? thanks :)

I will once I can remember her name !!! I have her phone number under 'upholsterer' ... I will hope that overnight her moniker appears in my dreams, if not i'll have to call her...

remind me in a day or two if I forget !!

n brown

Forum Member
Hi,

This is my first post - so Hi!

I'm in the closing stages of completing an ex-library bus conversion and need the services of a creative soul who can do the curtains / blinds, seat re-covering and create some seat cushions capable of converting a self made four seater into a bed. I've approached careavan.co.uk however they are quoting a king's ransom. I found a lady who seemed really up for the job, but she has pulled out of the project so I'm now reaching to see if any of you have had a good experience re-upholstering and could provide a recommendation for somebody with both the skills and the artistic flair to complete my bus?

I live near Newport in South Wales so the closer the better would be preferable (if possible!).

Many thanks in advance, and here's a picture of my beauty that is seeking the finishing touches :)

View attachment 28363
nice looking bus,any interior pictures for our curious members ?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)