Van weight.

Squiffy

Forum Member
Just as a matter of interest, I had my Volvo and van MoT'd today and I asked the tester to give me the front axle and rear axel weights for the van, which did not hold any surprises front was 1842kg and the rear was 1784kg all fine. But then I thought I wonder how many people realise that their vehicle weight is recorded on an MoT, the axel weights are recorded for the brake testing but it does not show on the supplied MoT test certificate but ofcourse these weights are all recorded and sent to the DVSA, so if you are over loaded on one or both axles the DVSA if they wish could use that info to send to the stop and test teams around the country, so when your pulled over they would already suspect that you are over weight, the moral of the story is " You have been warned " 😬 .Phil

Duckato

Forum Member
@Squiffy
Ironically identical post cropped up on FB today so I asked a group expert who is an mot tester,
Not all garages have roller that measure weight it isn’t mandatory also the rollers are not certificated for accuracy.

I doubt the info would be of any use to the DVLA as is.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)