Using 'Aires' in France?

simonp820

Hi,

I have a Peugeot Expert van with no windows (except in the front!) which I'm using as a campervan. Anyone likely to know if French 'Aires' are likely to be ok with that? Looking at the pictures in my current 'All the Aires' book, they're very much all proper motorhomes.

Cheers

n brown

Forum Member
doubt if they'd notice,as long as you're a van.plenty of iffy looking german and dutch vans around too

witzend

Forum Member
Hi their is a list of equipment that vans need to comply I can't remember where I've seen it but a web search probably would come up with it it may even be in the aires book But from what I,ve seen there aren't to many vans like yours using aires look at the photos in the aires book and in others blogs

simonp820

Thanks. Looking through the book it simply refers to 'motorhomes' which is why I thought it may be a problem.

jann

The main thing for using the aires is to be self contained i.e on board waste tanks and toilet facilities. We have used them for years. Our present van is conventional but we have used unusual own conversions in the past. We have also seen people use basic vans in the past.Nobody comes and checks !!

shortcircuit

I have yet to be on an aires that was supervised so I would suggest you are building hurdles that will not be there. A few aires I have been on are part of car parks so no problems. As far as the specification for your van forget it as nobody is going to come along and examine and remember the aires book is just a guide with submissions from amateurs who sometimes let their imagination run wild.

Please just go over and enjoy.

rebbyvid

Thanks. Looking through the book it simply refers to 'motorhomes' which is why I thought it may be a problem.

In France you will find it is a CampingCar so dont worry about it and i agree with shortcircuit about All the Aires as i have submitted some of the Aires myself ,but still a very handy book to have.

Tbear

Hi,

I have a Peugeot Expert van with no windows (except in the front!) which I'm using as a campervan. Anyone likely to know if French 'Aires' are likely to be ok with that? Looking at the pictures in my current 'All the Aires' book, they're very much all proper motorhomes.

Cheers

Hi Simonp820

Most Aires you just pull onto and charge/empty your tanks. Some are free, some you pay at a meter and some have someone comes around once a day. By the time you have sorted out what you need to, if they don't like your van you can park overnight on the village square or outside aldi. Stop thinking like an Englishman and learn to go with the flow like the French do.

Richard

phillybarbour

Just go and enjoy it, the very worst that could happen is being asked to move but it really won't happen.

Darcar

Forum Member
don't panic you'll be fine. as it's been said above theres not much checking on them..
have fun....
Darcar.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)