Troubleshooting Carver Cascade

RAW

Forum Member
Have a Carver Cascade in the Mercedes, seems to work alright on 240V but can't get it to work on Gas and not sure where to start. There is 12V Going to Unit and Gas Supply but not sure how the ignition would work.
Here's the control
Carver_Control.jpg

Squiffy

Forum Member
Dont know if this might help Raw, but it's been a good many years since I worked on a cascade, when I used to own a Swift Challenger caravan 😃.

Attachments

• Cascade2 (1).PDF
    6.1 MB · Views: 619
  • Thank You
Reactions: RAW

Millie Master

Forum Member
Just like Phil and Nabism I had similar problems with dirty igniters and gas jets, hopefully all that yours needs Robert is a darned good clean, I also pricked out the jet using a very fine bit of brass wire. Can you actually hear the piezo igniter working which should be a click, click, click sound?
Phil

RAW

Forum Member
Just like Phil and Nabism I had similar problems with dirty igniters and gas jets, hopefully all that yours needs Robert is a darned good clean, I also pricked out the jet using a very fine bit of brass wire. Can you actually hear the piezo igniter working which should be a click, click, click sound?
Phil
No click or anything - No lights on the control on 12v - whereas there is on 240V
Think I need to go through the wiring again and then give it a good clean by accessing from outside as advised
Thanks for all the help guys

david how

hi. i don't have the 'rapid'. mine is the '2' and the gas ignition control is the brown box. 3 lights, red for fault, amber for ignition, green for working. never ever failed. even on electric 700watt element works fine. don't give up on it. good luck
DSC02658.JPG

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)