Thule Omnistor awning mounting question

Bouydog

Forum Member
I have a 4.5m omnistor awning sourced second hand with no instructions.

I have fixed the mounting brackets in place ready to mount the awning and am unsure how the awning is secured to the brackets when in place.

A lip on the top of the brackets fits into a channel on the rear of the awning and the bottom of the awning sits on an outward curve at the bottom of the brackets like half a U. This curved part has fixing holes not threaded but no corresponding holes in the awning. It looks like extra holes have been drilled in the rear of the awning for additional wall fixing but nothing on the bottom.

Has anyone fitted this type of awning do I drill through the bottom to use the fixing holes ? It is very heavy and I want to go full belt and braces on it.

Thanks
Dave

Charlynch

Hi Dave,
Yep thats it, drill through back of casing then use a couple of self tapping screws into each mounting bracket, just make sure awning is fully engaged in the mounting brackets first.

Bouydog

Forum Member
Hi Dave,
Yep thats it, drill through back of casing then use a couple of self tapping screws into each mounting bracket, just make sure awning is fully engaged in the mounting brackets first.
Thanks for confirming that, hoping to get it fitted on Saturday if the crane turns up 😀

Charlynch

:D:D They hook on to the top of the bracket really easy TBF so the weight is off as soon as you get it up there then its easy to do the rest (y) Def a 2 man job if you are working from ground height. Good luck!

Bouydog

Forum Member
Job done two of us with step ladders got it in place with no drama. I made two additional plates and drilled through the back of the awning and the body as well as through the bottom. So wound it out made a coffee and sat watching the world go by on my drive, very satisfying.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)