thats odd

Brett

decided to paint my wheel rims,right the two front wheels when fitted have the valve pointing outwards now on the back four plus spare are the same so on the rear both valves are pointing inwards i have a rubber extenition for the valves but this going to be a problem checking tyre pressure, putting air in them so i have had a good look at these rims and the hole for the valves are all on the same side of the rims plus what would you torque these wheel nut up to any help please

Brett

well it looks like the inner tyre with the valve pointing out you get to with a ridged extention but the outer tyre with the valve pointing inwards i dont know yet if you can understand that

wildebus

Forum Member
Your description is a little confusing to be honest (at least to me) but I think this is what the situation is ...

You have a Dually van i.e. two pairs of wheels each side at the rear. The outer wheels are the "wrong way round" so the valves face inwards and are so very awkward to get to check the pressures? And that is the problem?
You can get valve extenders - straight ones on the inside wheels so you can get to those easily (and Ithink you have fitted?); For the outside wheels, you can get bent valve extenders - like the end of a paperclip which makes that valve easy to get to,

Word of warning. I fitted valve extenders to my dually and I found the bent ones tended to loosen up over time and I twice ended up with an outer flat tyre due to the extender being loose. I think you have to be careful what you buy. I found what was meant to be a benefit was anything but.

I have "solved" the problem by fitting a tyre equalization kit that apart from interconnecting the tyres via the valves, just presents a single tyre valve at the front to attach an air hose to.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)