Tankless Water Heaters

vwalan

hi. these days they have to be built into a outside cupboard with air going in and the exhaust going out .only the pipe work can be in the living area . and a good seal made . they work great. have been using them for years . it used to be ok .but rules changed a few years ago. mine was fitted before the rules changed but newer ones just fit in its own little sealed locker .
you soon workoiut the best setting for the temperature.

Matthew Cooke

Update

just to update you, I've now bought a 'Morco D61B' tankless LPG water heater, and will be installing it in a sealed cupboard, sufficiently vented to the outside.

I'll let you know how it goes!

vwalan

hi they work well i have one in mine . been in 12 yrs now .
bit pricey though . have cheaper versions as well these days . the morco is made by fagor in spain. or should i say mine is.

channa

just to update you, I've now bought a 'Morco D61B' tankless LPG water heater, and will be installing it in a sealed cupboard, sufficiently vented to the outside.

I'll let you know how it goes!
bullet proof heater,other than thermocouples not a lot to go wrong.

maingate

Forum Member
When we eventually get round to extending our kitchen at home, I intend to fit one of these heaters. It will be much cheaper to use than the main central heating boiler.

vwalan

the newer versions dont use a pilot light , just spark up when you open the tap . great bits of kit . not sure if the newer morco as the auto ignition system .

Pugwash69

Forum Member
When we eventually get round to extending our kitchen at home, I intend to fit one of these heaters. It will be much cheaper to use than the main central heating boiler.

I fitted a mains-powered hot tap in our home kitchen. We love it, as the cold water feed is clean enough to use for cooking but the tap can deliver it at 80c. If you hunt around you can get something 2Kw for about £40 and plugs straight into a 13A socket.

Last edited:

trevskoda

Forum Member
I fitted a mains-powered hot tap in our home kitchen. We love it, as the cold water feed is clean enough to use for cooking but the tap can deliver it at 80c. If you hunt around you can get something 2Kw for about £40 and plugs straight into a 13A socket.
I have a hand wash unit in workshop,mains on demand,very handy,but for a house oil is many time cheaper than electric,IF ITS INSTALLED CORRECTLY,most are not.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)