Starting over

edina

Forum Member
We sold our mk2 Master, that we converted in 2016, earlier in the year and decided to call it a day with campervans and retire gracefully. We couldn’t do it, so are buying a 2018 LWB Movano and starting out again. We are having windows fitted and the bulkhead removed then we have an empty van to start on.
Over the years we have fitted out a few vans and boats so know roughly what we want. The biggest change we have found since our last build is the advance in solar and lithium, so we are taking advantage of that and going fully electric on this one.
Essentials for us are a decent sized shower/loo, 2 single beds and a sitting area, eber diesel heater and the rest 230v.

Millie Master

Forum Member
No doubt specially fitted out for all of your sea fishing kit?

Good to see you back, but for me, we have decided to leave the campervan world and retire somewhat reluctantly to a life of the very occasional renting of holiday cottages that have been last minute cancelled and are now at affordable prices!
Our decision was brought about because of the ever increasing costs of sites, insurance costs, fuel prices and my own health which isn't quite as I would like it to be.

I will be watching your build as it progresses Chris.

All the best

Phil

edina

Forum Member
No doubt specially fitted out for all of your sea fishing kit?

Good to see you back, but for me, we have decided to leave the campervan world and retire somewhat reluctantly to a life of the very occasional renting of holiday cottages that have been last minute cancelled and are now at affordable prices!
Our decision was brought about because of the ever increasing costs of sites, insurance costs, fuel prices and my own health which isn't quite as I would like it to be.

I will be watching your build as it progresses Chris.

All the best

Phil
Sad that you are leaving the camper world Phil. Please don't leave the forum because you have a lot of experience/ knowledge about self builds.
We rarely use sites but packed in for health reasons and the general banning of campers/mohos at a lot of our favourite stops.
We thought that with the wife's interest in gardening and my fishing we would be content, but on my 78th birthday we both decided that we were not ready to fade away. So the next adventure begins, somewhat slowly I expect.
Cheers
Chris

Millie Master

Forum Member
Sad that you are leaving the camper world Phil. Please don't leave the forum because you have a lot of experience/ knowledge about self builds.
We rarely use sites but packed in for health reasons and the general banning of campers/mohos at a lot of our favourite stops.
We thought that with the wife's interest in gardening and my fishing we would be content, but on my 78th birthday we both decided that we were not ready to fade away. So the next adventure begins, somewhat slowly I expect.
Cheers
Chris

Yes Chris, it has been a very hard decision for us to make, but as I have now been taken by ambulance to A&E on 7 occasions of which on 3 occasions I was kept in for a week or more because my ticker had been playing up.
Very fortunately on each of these occasions we have been at home, but if we had been away in Millie, heaven knows what would have happened as the logistics would all have been simply way off the deep end of dangerous, most especially as my most beloved never drives Millie and that we always have our 3 Springers along with us !

So, the decision has been made, however I do intend to keep watching what is going on, on here, but for me right now the decision has got to be made as to when put our beloved van up for sale, try the market now or do I wait until the Spring and what kind of figure do I ask for our luxurious relatively low mileage, mechanically brilliant and no MOT advisory mobile palace on wheels?

Phil

Robmac

Forum Member
Same as Chris in that I'm switching to lithium and some gurt big solar panels in order to use less gas and use the Remoska more, we are also looking around at smaller air fryers as the home one is a bit too big to take with us.