Snow & Curt

RAW

Forum Member
Not sure if anyone else is aware of these Guys from USA who have sold up all and gone off in a "Tiny Home" they built themselves.
I am subscribed on YouTube and was a bit aghast at their build costs, but then considering all that has gone into their Merc I am not that surprised at the figure.
Also they are going to release build plans of their Mercedes at some stage, I like what they have done with their build. Any other thoughts ?

wildebus

Forum Member
Not seen them before. The next episodes should be interesting (no idea yet what the cost will end up at :) )
The thing with sprinters are they really are narrow and with things like side washrooms they do always seem a bit of a corridor and enclosed to me?

mark61

Forum Member
Watched one or two of their videos before, but unfortunately I can't listen to them for too long. 😆

New Sprinters are a lot more in Europe than US, you won't get that van new here for £55000.
I know how much they spent, but haven't been through all vids in detail to see exactly where it went, but for that money you'd expect top notch.

Personally wouldn't touch the extra long Sprinter, too much rear overhang.

mark61

Forum Member
Biggest trouble with Sprinters is the sides curve so much, so one of the narrower vans to start with, but even narrower at head height.

$55000 seems a huge amount for kitting out, but $110000 for the whole lot is on par with buying off the shelf conversion.

Reactions: RAW

mark61

Forum Member
I think it was £45'000 for a 616 chassis bulkhead when I looked at doing a new build.

Plus VAT?
I reckon the one in the video , new now over £60000 here, add the options that are standard in US, auto, aircon etc wouldn't be surprised if you'd be far off £70000, including VAT

Millie Master

Forum Member
For me the only option for either a Sprinter or indeed a Crafter is absolutely NO OPTION as I simply don't like them, far too narrow, far too expensive, until the latest version the previous ones would all be far too rusty, and the longer ones are far too long!

Phil

• Funny

mark61

Forum Member
For me the only option for either a Sprinter or indeed a Crafter is absolutely NO OPTION as I simply don't like them, far too narrow, far too expensive, until the latest version the previous ones would all be far too rusty, and the longer ones are far too long!

Phil
Yes, wouldn't get the extended one, but would consider the LWB for next van, unless I come up with a layout that miraculously gets everything in a MWB 😆 , or MWB and trailer, haven't made mind up yet.

• Funny

mark61

Forum Member
Wouldn't do the caravan.

Off road box trailer, room for a quad, loo and shower. Extra 100 litres diesel 100 water. Ticks a lot of boxes for me.

Red Dwarf

Forum Member
The sprinter is quite a van to convert, no right angles anywhere! Not only do the van sides curve inwards towards the top, the upper part of the van body tapers to the rear. This is bundles of fun when building, every measurement must come off a centreline ( not something I realised until I was half way through!).
The single leaf rear springs were levelling out as the build progressed, I’ve swapped them for a pair of two leaf HD springs, what a difference! Much more stable and no sagging tail.
One of the original springs was cracked about 89% across just near the eye at one end, invisible while it was on the van.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)