Skoolie Plan

mpwade12

Forum Member
So, first outline plan for the build. Still mulling over a few things and there will be some changes due to immovable objects like Wheelarches intruding into the seating area....

Attachments

• House floor plan example.png
    House floor plan example.png
    65.9 KB · Views: 1,033

wildebus

Forum Member
Looks good.

Something I saw on a youtube channel with a guy doing a skoolie ... he created proper side lockers under the floor with the lower panels converted to hinged doors. Looked dead good.
I don't recall which channel it was, but it gave so much extra space from an otherwise wasted area.

mpwade12

Forum Member
Looks good.

Something I saw on a youtube channel with a guy doing a skoolie ... he created proper side lockers under the floor with the lower panels converted to hinged doors. Looked dead good.
I don't recall which channel it was, but it gave so much extra space from an otherwise wasted area.
I will be doing so also. 2 lockers either side with locking doors. I will 'outsource' that to a local coachbuilder...

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
The Murky Build has lockers under the floor that go from one side to the other. I store the poles and tables for a 9x3 metre industrial marquee under there. Betty has so much Bus stuff under the floor, so I've had to make another solution to carry it.

Millie Master

Forum Member
As an ex site builder and owner, I often wonder where people who convert skoolies and similar ever hope to use them?

Our sites had hard standing pitches which were 10 m x 10 m so way more than large enough for all normal caravans and motorhomes. Most aires I have been to in France are limited for size as are large commercial sites.

mpwade12

Forum Member
As an ex site builder and owner, I often wonder where people who convert skoolies and similar ever hope to use them?

Our sites had hard standing pitches which were 10 m x 10 m so way more than large enough for all normal caravans and motorhomes. Most aires I have been to in France are limited for size as are large commercial sites.
It does take a little more planning and you are somewhat restricted. That said, there is an increasing number of sites that cater for larger vehicles and the limiting factor is often the wheelbase. A 10x10 pitch will fit my vehicle if there is sufficient space for the rear overhang. Europe caters for larger vehicles more and there are several Aires that cater for commercial vehicles, a quiet corner of these also suffices.

not a massive issue TBH or thousands of HGV’s each year would never park up overnight...

Deleted member 4404

Anyone undertaking a project of this size will surely have more ambitious plans than using campsites.

RV2MAX

Forum Member
One thing what is the 2.66 mtr as vehicle is too wide to be used in UK or EUrope ? 2.55mtr is Max so hope typo :)

mpwade12

Forum Member
One thing what is the 2.66 mtr as vehicle is too wide to be used in UK or EUrope ? 2.55mtr is Max so hope typo :)
Maybe a typo. That said, it is UK registered and there were 20 of the Gen4 AARE imported to the UK as RHD for use by local authorities. 59 Bluebirds in total since 1992 'officially' imported in RHD...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)