Side Window Insulation

thegranger

Hi

I am getting to the final stages of transit van conversion. I have fitted side windows to the two side panels of a Transit van. One one the sliding door, the other on the adjacent side panel. I'm now at the stage of thinking suction-fitted insulated panels would make more sense than curtains.

I'm thinking that a suction held insulated pad on each would be ideal but I'm struggling to find a supplier that does made to measure pads. I have two questions. Has anyone made their own? If so, how did you go about it? I'm reasonably confident in sewing concepts up. Or does anyone have experience of made to measure suppliers?

Any advice will be much appreciated.

karlpe

Hi, I made my own from the silver sided bubble wrap and added suckers. Did all windows and screen and works a treat. I used small suckers and lots of them.

silverweed

I made some for side windows. I used an old set I had from a previous Motorhome but I've seen the proper silver insulation 6 layer material for sale on eBay. Make up a paper pattern first to be sure of fit. You will need some sort of nylon type tape to bind the edge with. I went to a local commercial factory/seeing workshop (the sort of place that sews awnings or flags). You will be able to find suckers on eBay too. They work a treat

Byronic

Perhaps only as a temporary measure a foam camping mat cut to size and well suckered up could do. Some have silver reflective surface on one side, possibly could pass as silver screens from the outside.

Trish1997

A roll of silver insulation now available in Aldi for £6.99 if your interested.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)