Service or not?

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
Servicing your eberspacher, should you or shouldn’t you. I’m afraid that as years have gone on I’m becoming a fan of “if it’s working, leave it alone “. Now eberspacher servicing is a bit more involved than changing the oil and there is a chance you’ll damage it. Worse still you give the job to a professional and they damage it and you pay for it! So for my sins my D1lc has become reluctant to run continuously. As it is a Volvo spec unit I had to translate the wiring to eberspacher. Thinking I would never need it I didn’t wire in the diagnostic wire. So even though my controller has diagnostics it’s not much use to me. So fuel filter inspected, clean after 11 years. That would have been too easy. It seemed the warmer it got the shorter it ran. So it’s getting to hot. Ah, I’d thought of that and it’s got a foam air filter that does get washed once a year. So no fluff build up. Next I tried running it with it’s inspection door open. Low and behold it runs continuously again. I’ll buy a service kit next week and take some pictures, worts and all.

mistericeman

Forum Member
I'd service..... Especially on one that is used intermittently....

Useful tips on here

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
I'd service..... Especially on one that is used intermittently....

Useful tips on here

Yes a very helpful chap, his brother died a few years back. I was trying to get a DAF D4 to work with an eberspacher controller. He didn’t think you could without changing the ecu. It might be possible now as the new generation of eberspachers are digital and so is it’s controller.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)