Self builders

Debs

Forum Member
Any self builders might want to be aware of this stuff, I got it from a self builders outlet online, and after second time of failing I've discovered why. This stuff actually absorbs water over a period of time and becomes spongy. I had used it for my mini-heki, so for now I've done a temporary repair which hopefully will see me through to spring, when I can take the whole thing off and do a total reinstall.

View attachment 60730

time4t

Thanks for the heads up.

I've been disappointed by several makes/types of sealant/adhesive so now only use Sikaflex 29i & tiger seal, I won't use any clear sealant outside because it doesn't get on well with UV light!

Phill

groyne

I had used it for my mini-heki, so for now I've done a temporary repair which hopefully will see me through to spring, when I can take the whole thing off and do a total reinstall.

Use Dekalin Dekaseal.

TimW

Sealants

I used "Puraflex 40 High Modulus PU Sealant & Adhesive" This is manufactured by Sika, and worked well for me in my roof lights, windows, and securing the four solar panels as well as the rear view camera. From my view an excellent product all for the price of £4.27 (including VAT) from Toolstation for a 300ml tube.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)