Self build motorhome show?

groyne

It's getting to the stage where I want to build another camper. Last time I just bought a van and a caravan and made things fit. I'm happy with my van, but I built it as a 3 berth, the next one will only be 2 berth. I'm just wondering if their are any shows to visit during 2017 that cater for self builders? I've been to the NEC Motorhome show, but it doesn't really cater for the self builder.
Failing this, apart from Fleabay, where do you buy your bits?

Steve121

Abenteuer & allrad

The ABENTEUER & ALLRAD show (Germany) is probably the closest you'll get to a self-build show. Prices tend to be well below what you'd expect to pay in UK.
This unmissable show is the best organised event I've ever visited, and puts UK shows to shame.

• Spare parts & Accessories
You can see, test or even buy everything you need for a large tour or for your four-wheel-drive-vehicle.
  • Outdoor & Equipment
The fair will also feature a great number of equipment, accessories and clothing used for modern and extensive outdoor-activities.

n brown

Forum Member
best bet for bits is a donor caravan. magnum's motorhomes i can highly recommend , they know their stuff . as for CAK tanks i recommend you read the reviews
also O'Learys
Just Kampers
Force 4 chandlery
Grass Routes Leisure
Morlands

Last edited:

listerdiesel

We've been down the donor caravan route twice now, and is is probably the best way to buy all of the stuff that goes inside.

Choice is fairly good, but remember that interiors of caravans that are 'swoopy' in design may not fit neatly into a square van body.

We bought damaged caravans both times, one had been in an accident, one has water leaks. Prices were cheaper than for undamaged and we didn't want the body anyway.

Check what you need and then look for damaged caravans on ebay.

Peter

groyne

Pity the German show isn't till June, we're over that way in April/May. Thanks for the suggestions, looks like I'll just have to shop around and visit Magnums, O'Leary's etc.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)