Seating dimentions

Swampsnake

Forum Member
Hi All, I'm just about getting ready to fine tune my interior layout. I'm planning on two single chairs, opposite each other. I would like some advice regarding the sizes of the chairs, specifically the height of the seat base, and the thickness of the cushions, and the angle of the seat back, also the total depth. I have 22 inches for the width of each seat which i think should be sufficient. Any advice on what others have done would be appreciated.

Millie Master

Forum Member
The foam on my seats is 40mm thick, it is very dense and really quite firm to sit or lie on (which is what we like).

As for the height of the seat, I went around the house and measured the floor to seat base distance of any and al the chairs that we are comfortable sitting on and used this as the basis of our needs and find it to be very comfortable indeed.

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
I find level seat bases very uncomfortable. Even if you have the base to back angle at 90 degrees, tilt the whole lot back 10 - 20 degrees.
There must be a British standard on seat dimensions, someone would have spent millions on researching it.

Mark