Scudo Stealth, the conversion begins

Iain69

View attachment 12669View attachment 12670View attachment 12671View attachment 12672View attachment 12673View attachment 12674View attachment 12675View attachment 12676Hi, Here's a few pics of whats been done so far :hammer: Insulated and ply linned, bought roof linning and wheel arch covers from scrappy £20 ,carpet from local shop £10, built bench seats and unit and made bed, far from finished but usable, its been made to be removable and can be put it all in and fix it in less than 3.5 mins :camper:

Viktor

Good work Iain69. It's all about what works for you and what your budget is.

If I had to catagorize what one thing I thought was the top 'must have feature' that I wouldn't be prepared to do without (now having owned a campervan for over a year), I'd say heat. You must be able to have a heat source to stay warm. Hot water bottles don't really cut it. Good luck with the conversion system.

Beemer

Stealthy indeed!
When I had my T4, this is something that I intended to build inside too. The whole idea was that it could be made removeable, but 'er indoors had other ideas, and we ended up kicking the Rs out of it, and buying 30 odd grands worth of vehicle, made for the job instead.
I still hope to do something like yours one day! :goodluck:

Iain69

Thanks for the comments , thinking about going with a blue walls and furniture and orange cushions inside when i get round to it ,thinking a swivel seat in place of the bench seat would be good aswell, trying to do it all for less than £500, funds a bit tight as just finishing off a barn conversion that went a bit over budget
i'm going to fit a hook up and leisure battery at some pointt but its just going to be a posh tent for a while, if we like it i'll do a bigger van one that you can fit a small shower room in and stuff like heating.

ricc

what about one of them black bag solar showers, some sort of shower curtain/ tent supported on the open rear doors, would need some sort of grid to stand on and just let the dirty water soak into the ground, and drive away from the damp patch when youve done.?

btw whats the length in a scudo behind the seats.

Iain69

It's 2m at floor level but at bed hight its 1.9m, like the shower idea

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)