Replacing double swivel with single, citroen relay.

Nabsim

Forum Member
You have a Merc Sprinter too ? Is it double seat passenger side or single ?
I have a Geist Phantom motorhome that’s based on a Sprinter 316 with the ambulance 6 speed sprintshift box. Single seats that leave a nice big walkway between seats to enter the hab area. Dogs sleep there when travelling. I camp stand upright in the cab as well 👍

Nabsim

Forum Member
depends on the layout behind really.
For a PVC, a swivelling passenger seat makes a lot of sense as the area behind will always be open.
On a custom motorhome, with maybe a side bench behind it could still open up the space a bit?

Swivelling/turning double seats I have found have few fans of those because they are such a faff to turn and the double seat itself is rarely comfortable to start with.
As a kind of aside, does anyone use the double seat for two people for any length of time? It is just about #1 in the list of things to replace (with a single) in every leisure van I have had.
If you remember mine has side seats on both sides behind the cab. I think if I had a swivel on the passenger side it would give option of a day bed to lounge on more than an extra hab seat. If you wanted to use it as an extra seat you wouldn’t be able to turn it right round and have leg room.

Reactions: RAW

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)