Reanult Grand Espace seats in master van

SourceEnergy

I have read on the forums that the espace sets fit straight in you just have to elongate a couple of holes, can anybody confirm if there is a certain year of espace i need to be looking for seats from thought? My master is a 2008, I have found an espace breaking on ebay, its an older shape model from 2002 will the front seats fit my master or do i need seats from a newer model espace?

Car in question that's breaking.

Breaking Reanult Grand Espace 3.0 V6 Auto | eBay

wildebus

Forum Member
I have read on the forums that the espace sets fit straight in you just have to elongate a couple of holes, can anybody confirm if there is a certain year of espace i need to be looking for seats from thought? My master is a 2008, I have found an espace breaking on ebay, its an older shape model from 2002 will the front seats fit my master or do i need seats from a newer model espace?

Car in question that's breaking.

Breaking Reanult Grand Espace 3.0 V6 Auto | eBay
I can't answer the specific question, but in general, you can get just about any seat to fit another vehicle without too much difficulty. In the VW Transporter World people fit seats from SAABS, Minis, Fords, Jaguars, BMWs.... you name it, its been fitted.
I fitted seats from a Ford Galaxy into my Mercedes Sprinter based LT and just needed to enlarge a pair of holes and employ some washers.

SourceEnergy

I can't answer the specific question, but in general, you can get just about any seat to fit another vehicle without too much difficulty. In the VW Transporter World people fit seats from SAABS, Minis, Fords, Jaguars, BMWs.... you name it, its been fitted.
I fitted seats from a Ford Galaxy into my Mercedes Sprinter based LT and just needed to enlarge a pair of holes and employ some washers.

If any other seats are simply a case of enlarging some holes and some washers to get them into my master van i would appreciate any heads up, I just don't want to buy a pair of seats that look nice from another vehicle only to find out that they require far more work to fit ie brackets being made up and welding etc which is something above my skill set, I just know people have mentioned the espace seats go in simply by enlarging 2 holes which is something even a novice like my self could do, Unless i know for sure other seats will go in just as easy i don't want to risk buying any other seats if i am not sure. i used to have a saab 9-5 aero that has some of the best seats iv'e ever sat in but unless i am sure they will go in with ease i don't want to be stuck with a pair of seats i can't fit.

trevskoda

Forum Member
If any other seats are simply a case of enlarging some holes and some washers to get them into my master van i would appreciate any heads up, I just don't want to buy a pair of seats that look nice from another vehicle only to find out that they require far more work to fit ie brackets being made up and welding etc which is something above my skill set, I just know people have mentioned the espace seats go in simply by enlarging 2 holes which is something even a novice like my self could do, Unless i know for sure other seats will go in just as easy i don't want to risk buying any other seats if i am not sure. i used to have a saab 9-5 aero that has some of the best seats iv'e ever sat in but unless i am sure they will go in with ease i don't want to be stuck with a pair of seats i can't fit.

Get the tape measure out make a template then go to scrapie and see whats about the same.

bobj808

I can't help, but I did try to get Galaxy seats when I had my campervan, as they are already on a swivel base and evidently simple job to get them to swivel round to face backwards. I contacted several vehicle dismantlers in Scotland and every one said "for your camper? Join the queue" so I take it that they do work. Same with Gumtree, I was always too late...………..! Bob

trevskoda

Forum Member
I can't help, but I did try to get Galaxy seats when I had my campervan, as they are already on a swivel base and evidently simple job to get them to swivel round to face backwards. I contacted several vehicle dismantlers in Scotland and every one said "for your camper? Join the queue" so I take it that they do work. Same with Gumtree, I was always too late...………..! Bob

Did the same and made them lock in reverse,a bit of gigerypokery but saved a packet,heavy bugers to.

time4t

I've just fitted sharan seat bases in my sprinter, at first glance, it looked like I only had to elongate a couple of holes but when I really got down to it, the holes needed moving outwards too so I fitted a bit of 25mm box in between to take up the difference & so there wouldn't be any problems moving them on the rails.

Fitted leather Jeep seats to the bases, now that was fiddly!

Phill

wildebus

Forum Member

The only awkward bit on the swivelling side with the Galaxy seats is they swivel around the "wrong way". But there is a small lug you can grind off which allows you to swivel in either direction. Removing that lug does NOT prevent the seat locking straight ahead so that mod is perfectly safe (IMO. each person needs to make their own evaluation when adapting seats).

I got lucky with mine... looking on eBay and manky ones were fairly pricey. Had a stand at a VW Festival and chap on stand next to me had a pair of very good condition ones for - I think - £110 (he didn't know they swivelled despite owning the original Galaxy they came out of for quite a few years :lol-053:)

trevskoda

Forum Member
The only awkward bit on the swivelling side with the Galaxy seats is they swivel around the "wrong way". But there is a small lug you can grind off which allows you to swivel in either direction. Removing that lug does NOT prevent the seat locking straight ahead so that mod is perfectly safe (IMO. each person needs to make their own evaluation when adapting seats).

I got lucky with mine... looking on eBay and manky ones were fairly pricey. Had a stand at a VW Festival and chap on stand next to me had a pair of very good condition ones for - I think - £110 (he didn't know they swivelled despite owning the original Galaxy they came out of for quite a few years :lol-053:)

I did that and ground a slot at back so they lock forward and back,i also cut all the cr-p away to.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)