Quirky Campers BRILLIANT

Millie Master

Forum Member
For any of you who are considering selling your van, I suggest you try the Quirky Campers website www.quirkycampers.com

Quite unbelievable as it might appear, I only advertised 'Millie' on Friday and today her new owner drove proudly away!

I had advertised her at the total amount it cost me to buy and convert her almost 10 years ago (thinking I would be very lucky) but within a couple of hours of putting up our £9.95 advert (which lasts for 4 weeks) I had received several serious enquiries and today a young lady from Reading arrived and paid the full asking price without any kind of bartering.
Since selling our beloved 'Millie' we have received several other serious enquiries, despite the time of year.

So an exceptionally sad former owner of a self build van, who was so exceptionally sorry to having been forced to sell his van has now got cash in the bank in only 2 days after first advertising her! How good is that?

Phil

Millie Master

Forum Member
Well done Phil, great result, still sad though. 👍
Believe me Chris, I have just experienced one of the worst nights attempted sleep I can recall !!

The young woman who bought 'Millie' is honestly so scatter brained and so exceptionally excited about buying her that I know she didn't take in any of the exacting/unique points of this vans conversion and build.
For this very reason, today I am sitting down and putting together a highly detailed manuscript as to where various things are and how she ought to use them.

Yes Chris I am exceptionally sad that my beloved 'Millie' (oh and the new owner is keeping her name) is no longer parked on my drive, but we both know we made the only sensible decision to sell her, oh and finally, and this is surely something for us self builders to take heart in. We sold her for quite a bit more than the original purchase price of the battered unloved old ex-shop fitters van and our and all my build costs some 9 years ago, during which in those years we have amassed over 30k miles of touring holidays throughout the UK and Europe, proving that if you do your build properly and with taste then surely, there can't be many other things these days that can be such a cash winning cow........... Just don't tell Racheal Reeve!!