Push-to-Open drawer runners - just don't

Pugwash69

Forum Member
I bought a whole load of these thinking they would be great. No need to latches and handles. Nice heavy-load versions
If they are fitted perfectly they work well. If they're 5mm too far apart they just don't latch! I took a few drawers out of my van this weekend to replace them with a cupboard. I had got so annoyed and slammed one the latches popped off the rear of the runners.

Devon ducato builder

not had any issue at all with ours but the key thing is to get your measurements right

Reactions: RAW

Pugwash69

Forum Member
I've found that if there's not enough pressure on the runner sideways, the latch doesn't grab. If you shut the drawer too hard the back end of the mechanism pops off. If there's too much weight in the drawer it can force it open when travelling. Maybe it's just the design of the ones I bought.

Devon ducato builder

the ones i used are the roller bearing type that are used on tool boxes ... but beetle clips also work well
1571729846012.png

Reactions: RAW

RAW

Forum Member
Great and thanks for the image. Do they have another name as been searching online and cannot find them like the ones in the image you have posted @Devon ducato buildevo

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)