More popular?

• Thread starter Deleted member 4404
  • Start date

Deleted member 4404

I don't know if it's my imagination, but since doing our self build I seem to see lots more conversions than I used to. We certainly get more folk come to talk to us, with a genuine interest in conversion details, equipment, costs etc.

n brown

Forum Member
there are more. for a number of reasons. factory builds are expensive , and not that well built . there's loads more info about on how to do stuff, and of course , loads more people like us offering advice and quick answers to particular problems. add to that the amazingly low prices of tools nowadays and the availability of parts, secondhand and new, and the low price of used vans i'd say that now is the ideal time to do a conversion.

trevskoda

Forum Member
If i were young again id have a production line building vans on my drive,ex gov or co vans a few years old and struck of charge can be had from a few hundred squidly didlys up depending on mileage at auction .

Darcar

Forum Member
building vans has become more popular I recon!
we've been away in our vario a few times now, & every time we stop even at Tesco's someone will come over and admire it? much to my surprise !!
When on site or wild camping (even if there are new plastic fantastic's) most people will ask about the self build's.
Darcar

trevskoda

Forum Member
Yes i get ask about mine,most think you have to get a engineers report at high cost to get it insured etc.
once i have a we chat some say its then going to be on there to do list as factory vans are of radar with there high price,even old ones.

Deleted member 4404

We often get folk asking questions about our bus and where we go in it, but we also occasionally get someone asking 'real' questions about why or how we have done something and you can sense their eagerness to have a go themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)