Mercedes 814D Removal Van Body - Boudicca

Boudicca v2

Forum Member
Hey all,

First post thought I would post a couple of picks of the van I now own. It has been partially converted with some amazing work done to Solar PV with an ElectroDacus and Lithium 24V DC which is amazing to watch feeding power where its needed dont have a drain installed yet will think about that.

The drivers side headlight needs replacing though which looks like a real pain with all the brake system in the way. I think im going to have to take the grill and headlight out to get to it properly. Does anyone know of any tutorials to do this? Theres nothing on YouTube so I may end up doing a video myself.

I own a printing and embroidery business and can print vehicle wraps so I am considering doing something interesting on the outside to match the steampunk interior maybe along the lines of Serenity the ship from Firefly but its all just dreams and imagining right now although I have got a T Shirt Design made up which I will try to add to this post.

Any ideas and thoughts would be greatly appreciated I have excellent carpet fitting skills but electrics and plumbing scare the heck out of me so I guess its going to be a steep learning curve.

Got a water heater to fit want to fit lights everywhere the previous owner designed some amazing copper wall sconces with fairy lights inside which I think I am going to use at least in some areas.

Attachments

• Boudicca Side.jpg
    17.3 MB · Views: 73
  • Boudicca Front.jpg
    4.9 MB · Views: 53
  • Boudicca Back.jpg
    5.7 MB · Views: 50
  • Boudicca-T-Shirt.jpg
    Boudicca-T-Shirt.jpg
    106.1 KB · Views: 57

Nabsim

Forum Member
Cant think of his name at the moment but the guy who is on Youtube as Rusty Rose Adventures has done a few videos on maintaining old Mercs. May not be same model but probably a few similarities.

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
The drivers side headlight needs replacing though which looks like a real pain with all the brake system in the way. I think im going to have to take the grill and headlight out to get to it properly. Does anyone know of any tutorials to do this? Theres nothing on YouTube so I may end up doing a video myself.
Just idiots and wanta be’s on utube. The headlight is an easy fix. There is a post below with most of your answers.
Mark

Millie Master

Forum Member
Just idiots and wanta be’s on utube. The headlight is an easy fix. There is a post below with most of your answers.
Mark
I oh so agree Mark, the utter crap I have seen on Utube over the years quite literally beggars belief and very much the same goes for the numerous groups that exist these days on Facebook, most especially when Americans have written them!

Phil

Nabsim

Forum Member
I can only see the T-Shirt pic.
You and Trev most likely blocking everything lol. Here are the pics, slightly cropped as I just used a screenshot app to capture them.

Attachments

• Screenshot at Jul 05 18-17-58.png
    Screenshot at Jul 05 18-17-58.png
    903.9 KB · Views: 38
  • Screenshot at Jul 05 18-18-26.png
    Screenshot at Jul 05 18-18-26.png
    426.9 KB · Views: 36
  • Screenshot at Jul 05 18-18-52.png
    Screenshot at Jul 05 18-18-52.png
    411.7 KB · Views: 37

Nabsim

Forum Member
What was the vehicle originally, a library bus? Is the side door one of the ones made for horse boxes or a caravan style door?

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)