measure twice then twice again and a few more times

rugbyken

Forum Member
as above first bit of advice when I started as an apprentice measure twice cut once lived by this but when your about to cut into a £60,000 motorhome I must have measured where to put the Gaslo filler twenty times , last time I cut the filler into the plastic skirt on the van so replicating a successful method I drilled a pilot first shock aluminium not plastic rest of fitment went well and I've upgraded to a two eleven kg bottle system pipes rolled and fitted tidily View attachment 46017View attachment 46018

delicagirl

nice looking installation - did you fit an external filler cap ? some garages now have notices refusing LPG filling directly into bottles... and so what the eye does not see..... etc

GWAYGWAY

Always have a magnet as part of tool kit.

New magnetic aluminium ??
When I fitted mine it was, out from the locker, through the side panel using the larger holesaw from the inside and then, when the pilot comes through make the cut from the outside in with the smaller size cutter through the skin , makes a neater hole in the foam and gives the ridge to hole the fitting.

rugbyken

Forum Member
filler cap is bottom left of the first picture that is what I was crapping myself about cutting into the new van , couple of magnets part of my toolkit but they can't tell plastic from alluminium not that I thought to check just assumed!! that it was plastic like the last one, I had a 1.5mtr filling hose on the last installation kit so a holesaw through the bottom of the gas locker pipe threaded up behind the rear Harris of the bottles went just right

GWAYGWAY

filler cap is bottom left of the first picture that is what I was crapping myself about cutting into the new van , couple of magnets part of my toolkit but they can't tell plastic from alluminium not that I thought to check just assumed!! that it was plastic like the last one, I had a 1.5mtr filling hose on the last installation kit so a holesaw through the bottom of the gas locker pipe threaded up behind the rear Harris of the bottles went just right
I did mine at the Rutland meet on the way down from the dealers where I had picked it up 4 hours earlier, I did practice on someone else van first, I took all the tools up in the car to collect the van but the full cylinders were a bit heavy with the rest of the stuff in the back. The car was a bit low at the back going to Huddersfield from Dover.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)