Manual drill question

Tookey

Forum Member
Bloody hell, what do you guys do when your away, I've been motorhoming for near on 25 years and never had the need for a drill or jigsaw for that matter. I take a screw driver a couple of relevant size spanners and my handyman Swiss army knife, digital meter oh and a small hammer, anything that goes wrong that I can't fix with those or the van jack and tool kit I call the Lovely AA or RAC Man, as modern vehicles if they ever break down there is precious little that can be done on the road side, and I'm certainly not going to reconfigure the internal layout when away on a trip. 🙄 Phil
I am planning to do a trip where at times I will be isolated from a workshop and definately the AA (y)

wildebus

Forum Member
Bloody hell, what do you guys do when your away, I've been motorhoming for near on 25 years and never had the need for a drill or jigsaw for that matter. I take a screw driver a couple of relevant size spanners and my handyman Swiss army knife, digital meter oh and a small hammer, anything that goes wrong that I can't fix with those or the van jack and tool kit I call the Lovely AA or RAC Man, as modern vehicles if they ever break down there is precious little that can be done on the road side, and I'm certainly not going to reconfigure the internal layout when away on a trip. 🙄 Phil
And most of my trips seem to be to fix other peoples vans :)

Sprinter 1 cup

Forum Member
Good luck, Best go slow and watch where the holes are, you can't go round. only big bang's brake that stuff I found.
Tyres, carb and electrical is what I carried tools for in Bambi. Hand drill no. 5m rachet strap to hold it on till next village.
Sounds very exciting.

Squiffy

Forum Member
I am planning to do a trip where at times I will be isolated from a workshop and definately the AA (y)
In which case Tookey you'll need more than a hand drill, probably at least a 10 ton trolly/bottle jack plus an array of spanners and sockets relevant to your van suspension, to include a versatile and sturdy ball joint splitter along with a Birmingham screw driver ( Big hammer) 😁 Phil.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)