LPG/butane gas hob

Monkeyboy2310

Hi all. Can any of you peeps recommend a good 2 burner gas hob for my camper.i have seen hobs for static caravans that are cheap but the ignition runs off 240 volt. If I don’t connect any of the electric would it still work ok ? Cheers.

ScoTTyBEEE

Forum Member
Buy a domestic one, probably half the price and they come with LPG jets since most rural locations use propane tanks.
Google domino hobs.

trevskoda

Forum Member
Old caravan stainless steel unit,with or without sink.
kitchen side.jpg

weefish

Forum Member
Agreed the domestic domino hobs take up little space and are certainly less expensive than smev/dometic. However, I thought the burners were too close together for large pans and ended up putting two single dometic burners side by side. Be aware though, they are quite deep to install.

Markd

Forum Member
Am I right in thinking that 'leisure' gas burners are screwed together so they don't shake apart during travel?

weefish

Forum Member
The burner caps are often screwed down but the pan supports are removable for cleaning, or to stop them rattling when on the move.

Nabsim

Forum Member
Am I right in thinking that 'leisure' gas burners are screwed together so they don't shake apart during travel?
My SMEV burners are screwed together but as said the pan supports just sit in grommets at 4 points with the other 4 points free.

Markd

Forum Member
My point is that a house style hob will more than likely need reassembly after every trip and will be a source of rattle when travelling.

Markd

Forum Member
Grill pans and their grids need this treatment big time!
At least the hob grid has clips bit still needs cardboard wedges to keep it quiet!

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)