Led Down lights

Welsh will

Hi everyone
Probably a silly question to some but as i have never done it before and this forum is the best for advice im going to ask ?
I have 4 led down lights im going to mount on the metal work around my pop top frame. What im unsure of ...is do i drill the hole to locate 1st or carpet 1st?
They are slim line fit but do require a hole for them to seat into, not the type i could screw up but more the clip into hole type.
My guess is that i drill 1st then carpet as am worried that hole cutter would more than likely grip the carpet as it cut and make a mess , plus obviously the feeding of wiring also....but as stated previously iv never done it before so always gratefull of everyones advice. The only reason i had of thinking of carpeting 1st was the carpet would effect the diameter of hole cut.
Thank in advance

Alf

These lights are quite good you only need a 5mm hole for the wire to come through so you could carpet first they are cheap enough to fit wherever you think you would need a light just arrange switching or fit a dimmer

Alf

6x VW T4 T5 TRANSPORTER CAMPER VAN BOAT 12V INTERIOR LED SPOT LIGHTS SLIM FLUSH | eBay

Hi everyone
Probably a silly question to some but as i have never done it before and this forum is the best for advice im going to ask ?
I have 4 led down lights im going to mount on the metal work around my pop top frame. What im unsure of ...is do i drill the hole to locate 1st or carpet 1st?
They are slim line fit but do require a hole for them to seat into, not the type i could screw up but more the clip into hole type.
My guess is that i drill 1st then carpet as am worried that hole cutter would more than likely grip the carpet as it cut and make a mess , plus obviously the feeding of wiring also....but as stated previously iv never done it before so always gratefull of everyones advice. The only reason i had of thinking of carpeting 1st was the carpet would effect the diameter of hole cut.
Thank in advance

mistericeman

Forum Member
Holes first and then carpet

Then trim carpet neatly round holes .... After checking downlighters edge covers hole (most have a rim around the edge)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)