Junkers Bosch 10 litre electric heater

ScoTTyBEEE

Forum Member
Still on my water heating crusade. I read a (old) thread where Junkers were mentioned as good heaters. I stumbled on this 10L Junkers Bosch water heater on amazon that comes from Spain. I can't find it anywhere else, but seems like a really good price, less than half the price of the Propex one I was considering before. Might be of use to those looking for a decent water heater. £81.94 delivered.

1575837371345.png

wildebus

Forum Member
depending on what capacity of water you wanted to heat, this unit at £68 would be good ...

This is the unit I run ....

I like the 10L capacity but would prefer the 1.5kW element, so the Junkers Bosch could work out well :)

ScoTTyBEEE

Forum Member
That Redring one looks good, but it's rated a C where the Junkers is either a B or A depending on whatever the below in Spanish means. My inverter is 2kw so the ariston is out for me, I'd imagine this is the case for many being right on the edge like that.
I'll keep the redring in mind if I feel 10L is too much, this is very much a try and see experiment like your own :) I've been trying to run numbers on energy efficiency heating 6L up to 60oc vs heating 10L up to 45oc, so you use the smaller one with hotter water but mix it with cold to give you 10L of warm water, or just heat the 10L up to desired temp and don't mix it. I can't see that one way is really better than the other.
I think in the end 6L would probably be better since it's just me and my dog, but only one way to find out!

Heating 6L of water from 10oc to 60oc with 1.5kw only takes 16mins, compared to 28mins for 10L. That does seem like quite a difference.

1575839960866.png

ScoTTyBEEE

Forum Member
My plan is to wire it into something like this. You can set this timer in 5 min increments, so I can set it to 30 mins, so the heater will come on and I can forget about it when I know my power levels are good.

wildebus

Forum Member
My plan is to wire it into something like this. You can set this timer in 5 min increments, so I can set it to 30 mins, so the heater will come on and I can forget about it when I know my power levels are good.

That is a useful way to ensure you don't forget to turn it off (y)

I control mine via a 3-way switch, so I can chose to have it on while the battery is at a certain State of Charge, or override that if I want. I find it handy to have it controlled automatically as it will turn on if say the batteries have been topped up by the solar and there is excess energy available in the afternoon (just for fun, will be tweaking the control so I can also turn the heater on and off via the Internet :D )

Toby

Still on my water heating crusade. I read a (old) thread where Junkers were mentioned as good heaters. I stumbled on this 10L Junkers Bosch water heater on amazon that comes from Spain. I can't find it anywhere else, but seems like a really good price, less than half the price of the Propex one I was considering before. Might be of use to those looking for a decent water heater. £81.94 delivered.

View attachment 1900
Reading this article with interest, mine has plastic reinforced piping which I guess many have, how do you go from that to the fittings on the Junker water heater?

Toby

OK thanks for the reply I guess you used a ferrule to prevent crushing?

ScoTTyBEEE

Forum Member
I had push fit pipe and you use inserts on every end. Can’t recall if you can mount horizontal, I think not. You can’t actually buy that water heater from amazon now anyway, screwfix sell a 1500w 6L water heater by redring which I’d recommend, it’s the one I use now as I broke the Junkers one before I even got to use it and threw it in the bin (Human error)

Toby

How did you break it? I have already bought the junkers, I am in POrtugal so its called a Volcano same company went for Junkers as it German tech and quality

ScoTTyBEEE

Forum Member
How did you break it? I have already bought the junkers, I am in POrtugal so its called a Volcano same company went for Junkers as it German tech and quality
Ah very good. I’m in PT now too! I broke it because I’m an idiot that didn’t understand how to plumb and learnt the hard way, I ended up destroying the connector as I didn’t realise there’s not push fit connectors to connect it up, only compression, anger ensued and its fate was sealed.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)