Is Anyone Using RV Repair Club ?

wildebus

Forum Member
Never heard of them TBH.
My comments would be:
Clearly US Based so a lot of stuff will be specific to Big ol' American RVs (if you had one of those, it could be very handy!)
Lots of topics browsing the video list you could find on also covered by "vanlife" Youtubers (but there are also some terrible 'advice' youtube videos out there!)

Does the price go up after a year? looks like a a monthly sub or a discounted annual one?
$7 to try out the site for a month, watch some of their videos and then decide if it is worth continuing seems a pretty low-cost risk. I would think you might well be able to go through the whole 400+ video catalog in that month whilst in a lock-down situation!

RAW

Forum Member
Does the price go up after a year? looks like a a monthly sub or a discounted annual one?
$7 to try out the site for a month, watch some of their videos and then decide if it is worth continuing seems a pretty low-cost risk. I would think you might well be able to go through the whole 400+ video catalog in that month whilst in a lock-down situation!
The price does go up, a lot !!
I have just taken a year and set a reminder to cancel a week before the year is up
Looks like a lot of the content can be downloaded

wildebus

Forum Member
I have just taken a year and set a reminder to cancel a week before the year is up
where do you see that? I had a look and all I could see is a monthly and an annual cost.

How did you pay for the year? if Paypal subscription, cancel it yourself; if DD, again cancel it yourself; if CC, then maybe you can call the CC company and say you are not authorising any repeat charges?
Strange the cost would go up after a year as it would be the work of seconds to just resubscribe with different details to get the same price as new subcribers?

wildebus

Forum Member
Note here - "Hassle Free Automatic Renewal: By accepting membership, my benefits will automatically renew annually until I tell you to stop. At any time I may cancel my membership and get a refund for unused months or opt out of automatic renewal by contacting customer service at 1 (855) 706-3536 or RVRepairClub@program-director.ne "

Also -

RV Repair Club Membership with automatic renewal - Annual × 1 $54.00 per year
Same price per year - You can't have an automatic renewal if the renewal is at a much greater - and unspecied - cost??
seriously, WHERE are you seeing a price difference after year 1?

RAW

Forum Member
There are different levels of membership @wildebus - They are quite clever and astute in their email marketing to "capture folk" so I think from memory I showed an interest in the site by signing up to their mailing list or a FREE membership to log-in. In a short time I got an email offering big discount(s) on the First year for which I paid $5 or similar for, called Premium Member
So you join as A FREE MEMBER I think which gives you limited access then they offer you savings to join as a premium member, then more access and resources as a Gold Member and the last level is Platinum I think

I am unlikely to call the US number to cancel as they have chat enabled on website so will do it that way and give bank a heads up that I do not wish to pay again, Monzo card so that's easy to do.

wildebus

Forum Member
OK, so the price does NOT go up a lot, just that you have been given a large discount offer for the intial year. Not being pedantic here, being accurate.

You can also email them to not auto-renew rather than call. A better idea than using chat as you will have a record of the request and confirmation in case payment is taken in a years time.

RAW

Forum Member
Well on the Gold membership the renewal after Year one is $105
Perhaps this explains things better (from my account on the site)
ORDER 1
1587226830714.png

ORDER 2
1587226961013.png

Make sense now ?

Cheers

Squiffy

Forum Member
[QUOTE="wildebus, post: 872777,
"$7 to try out the site for a month, "
Thought you had missed out the letter "h" in site for a moment 😁 Phil

RAW

Forum Member
To clarify timespan I have paid $12.55 for the year - HOWEVER the renewal will be $105 due this time next year
Will download the resources they have & Keep safe somewhere

wildebus

Forum Member
Well on the Gold membership the renewal after Year one is $105
Perhaps this explains things better (from my account on the site)
ORDER 1
View attachment 2323

ORDER 2
View attachment 2324

Make sense now ?

Cheers
no. The price is not going up, you are getting a discount.
Year two is a different membership package. Year two is Gold, year one is NOT Gold - It clearly states that in your screen shots. The discount aspect is a seperate thing entirely.

It is like complaining that if you took out an AA membership, the price in year two is more than the price in year one ignoring that in year two you get more features like Home Start or whatever.
however it really doesn't matter anyway, I just get annoyed when people are comparing apples and oranges.

RAW

Forum Member
OK I see where you are coming from, yes it is a BIG discount to the price you would normally pay to get you to join-up. This is common-practice with membership sites. My point of view is that the price I pay is going up next year, your point of view is that a discount is applied to a price that is static. Think both are valid, please don't get annoyed ;-)

wildebus

Forum Member
Anyway, be interesting what you think of the site and the videos. The premium non-discounted price is not bad if the videos are good. The price you have paid with your discount for the gold package for a year I think could be a very worthwhile price even if you just get limited use from the videos.

One comment. I would not bother with anything to do with videos about mains hookup on a US site! The way AC is delivered/distributed in a US house is very different to residential AC in the UK.
(As it happens, the only time I really recall the detail of being electrocuted is when working on an American Mainframe Computer which had been previously wired to the mains wrongly due to incorrect knowledge of basic differences, so it is a subject close to my heart - and was visible on my palm with the burn hole marks for many years)

Last edited:
  • Sad
Reactions: RAW

Squiffy

Forum Member
Without sounding pedantic Dave you weren't "electrocuted", or you would not be around to say you had an electric shock, just saying 😜 Phil

• Funny
Reactions: RAW

wildebus

Forum Member
Without sounding pedantic Dave you weren't "electrocuted", or you would not be around to say you had an electric shock, just saying 😜 Phil
That is a very valid and - fortunately for me (and maybe unfortunately for others) - very correct point :p

And nope, not pedantic. The right words matter.

Just listen to Donald Trump as an example of someone who always knows the right words to use. He is a man that knows the orangin of the right word in a bigly way. But must run, just off to get a Covefe and a Hamberder :)

Last edited:

Squiffy

Forum Member
That is a very valid and - fortunately for me (and maybe unfortunately for others) - very correct point :p

And nope, not pedantic. The right words matter.

Just listen to Donald Trump as an example of someone who always knows the right words to use. He is a man that knows the orangin of the right word in a bigly way. But must run, just off to get a Covefe and a Hamberder :)
Not unfortunately at all Dave just one of my foibles that the correct word is used in the "English" language, I can not stand any Americanised english it grates on my understanding, and after all is said and done, some of the most astounding science about space has been by true British scientists all be it sponsored by North American money. 😤 Phil

Squiffy

Forum Member
I might add that a certain amount has come from Southern Ireland, who to all intents and purposes are as Britannia as we are even if they will not admit to it. Phil

wildebus

Forum Member
Not unfortunately at all Dave just one of my foibles that the correct word is used in the "English" language, I can not stand any Americanised english it grates on my understanding, and after all is said and done, some of the most astounding science about space has been by true British scientists all be it sponsored by North American money. 😤 Phil
The unfortunate bit for others was that I was not electrocuted :D

But ... if you are saying that in American English I could have said "Electrocuted" with the same meaning, then maybe that was ok as it was an American computer that zapped me? ;)

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)