Hybrid Wildebus

SquirrellCook

Forum Member
We all know Wildebus has been preaching the benefits of a lead acid/lithium setup.
As many secret followers of this site may have noticed progress on the Betty build has become very slow.
That said it's not forgotten and it's electrics have been working well. Even using it as an outside power supply.
It's lithium batteries as inside and a lot of the insulation has been done. despite this the cells have gone below 0 deg C
Once the Daly BMS shuts down the Cerbo is without power. Shortly after everything shuts down.
I guess with no snow on the roof the solar will wake it up.
Yes I know the cells could have been heated, but at this time of year every coulomb counts.
So it seems adding a lead acid to the mix would be a help.

Mark

Pudsey Bear

Forum Member
A major pain it seems of many lithium batteries is when they shut down they will not come back to life without a lot of faffing about with manually applying a 12V supply to them :( I am not sure if you will have that problem?
Out of the mouth of babes ect (coz I'm a babe of course) could you do that with a box with 8x AAA batteries connected up to provide 12v?

Pudsey Bear

Forum Member
WOW!! worth a try for someone then if they don't have a spare 12v battery, can always use them in the remotes/xmas lights if it fails :D :D :D

wildebus

Forum Member
WOW!! worth a try for someone then if they don't have a spare 12v battery, can always use them in the remotes/xmas lights if it fails :D :D :D
I used to keep a set like this for testing 12V Accessory and USB Sockets ....
1671127370130.png

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)