Here is my little lady.

Lt46 OWNER

Forum Member
She was a private hlt46 lwb conversion to date. I am happy to post future refining. And will be asking lots of questions too as we are newby campervan owners.
IMG-20210116-WA0033.jpg
IMG-20210116-WA0035.jpg
IMG-20210116-WA0031.jpg
IMG-20210116-WA0040.jpg
IMG-20210116-WA0047.jpg
IMG-20210116-WA0044.jpg
IMG-20210116-WA0048.jpg

wildebus

Forum Member
Looks good. I have an LT46 LWB as well :)

Interesting side door there - Guessing ex-bus and the two electric/pneumatic doors are in place of the big sliding door. Neat.

Lt46 OWNER

Forum Member
I am trying to find anything similar..... it's pretty rare I think.
She's off to a motorhome enthusiast who is going to make her run better( unhappy on hills ) and get an extra bed in as we have twins ( 3yr olds) to cater for too!!

wildebus

Forum Member
I am trying to find anything similar..... it's pretty rare I think.
She's off to a motorhome enthusiast who is going to make her run better( unhappy on hills ) and get an extra bed in as we have twins ( 3yr olds) to cater for too!!
What engine do you have? the 2.5TDi 5-pot I am guessing?
If you are not a member already, also go to the VW T4 Forum - you will find good information on those engines (basically same engine as in the VW T4 2.5L)

wildebus

Forum Member
Yes, it's a 2.5 5 pot. Thanks for the info re. T4 forum. 🙂
Oh ... another snippet of info ... the Volvo 2.5L engine is also the VW engine but with some minor changes to suit their engine bay (how useful that is to know is another matter!).
I noticed your LT has a Scottish plate - does it (you) still reside in Scotland?

st3v3

Forum Member
Hi, cool project :)

Do I spy household twin and earth wire? You need to only use flex in a vehicle as the other stuff doesn't cope with vibrations.

Lt46 OWNER

Forum Member
Oh ... another snippet of info ... the Volvo 2.5L engine is also the VW engine but with some minor changes to suit their engine bay (how useful that is to know is another matter!).
I noticed your LT has a Scottish plate - does it (you) still reside in Scotland?
No, she was in Portsmouth then London now Lowestoft.

Lt46 OWNER

Forum Member
The bench seats are not bolted down atm, does anyone know what size I will need to secure back on the tracks? Thank you.

wildebus

Forum Member
This is what 8a under the carpets
Yup, Unwin minibus rails.

If you don't have them fitted on the bench seat, you need a pair of mounts like the ones in this picture
1611574464321.png

The row of round pins drop into the holes in the track. You then turn the arm on the yellow knob above and that locks the seat into place.
If the bench seat you are fitting is for a Minibus, they should fit straight off as there seems to be some kind of standard distance between tracks. If a normal cab seat, then you may need to adapt the mounting holes on the seat frame possibly?

You should find those mounts coming up on eBay fairly often. I sold a whole bunch of mine that way a few years ago. They are quite popular so sell quickly (I actually shipped a few off to Iceland and the guy was well chuffed even though postage was £150!!)

wildebus

Forum Member
Here is a link to a newer style (different lock/release lever) of Seat Mount/Clamp
not cheap though - £44 EACH (and you MUST fit in pairs or even triples if a wide seat)

Lt46 OWNER

Forum Member
I see I will have a look on the underside of the bench seats, they are the original seats as they match the fabric detailing on the sides. But that's brilliant thank you.

Lt46 OWNER

Forum Member
I have got my husband to lift the carpet as its impractical. And this is the bottom of the seats, can I buy just the "pin" section? Thank you
IMG-20210125-WA0000.jpg
IMG-20210125-WA0002.jpg
IMG-20210125-WA0001.jpg

wildebus

Forum Member
I have got my husband to lift the carpet as its impractical. And this is the bottom of the seats, can I buy just the "pin" section? Thank you
Not 100% sure what you mean by the "pin" section, but if you mean for example the yellow locking bit in my photo, then no. If you mean the silver metal part with all the pins sticking out, then yes, that is all you need (a pair of them).
So taking this mount as an example ...
1611589525342.png

The three bolts you see here will clamp the seat frame to the mount - and you use the various hole options there to position it best with the holes in the bottom of the seat frame.
You then drop the seat in place in the rail, shuggle it a little bit forwards so the pins are inbetween the drop-in holes. Then you turn the black knob and a sprung pin drops down into one of the drop-in holes and stops the seat from moving back and forth - so is totally secure. To remove the seat, you pull up the black knob to lift this sprung pin back up and turn it to stop it dropping down. The seat now will be totally free to lift anbd remove or relocate (This rails are not great for sliding a seat position btw. If you want to move the seat a couple of notches forward you might find it easier to lift up, drag along and drop down again rather then trying to slide, especially on an older vehicle.

Looking at the photo of your seat, there is a lip in the middle between the front and back supports - that might have been setup for a different system or style of clamp originally? for the unwin clamps in my picture and in the link, you might possibly need to loose that lip where the release knob/lever fits? it depends on if it fouls or not. The bolt holes are quite inboard on the base so might be ok so just a possible note there.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)