Hair Straighteners

Mad Manx

Her in doors wants to use hair straighteners when camping out . She has tried gas powered ones but they apparently don't get hot enough. Has anyone else come across this problem and or beaten it into submission

funkylyn

Ive got some 12v ones bought from amazon....cheap as chips and work great....problem solved......remember.. hair straighteners are a very important camping necessity !!!

trevskoda

Forum Member
Electric cow fence,ops dont show her this thread or am i saying she is a c-w,feck im out of here fast:scooter::scared:

2cv

Forum Member
Apparently the 12v ones do work, but not as good as full ghds. If the gas ones were unacceptable I think it's likely that 12v ones may be too.

funkylyn

Apparently the 12v ones do work, but not as good as full ghds. If the gas ones were unacceptable I think it's likely that 12v ones may be too.

No, as a ghd owner/user, I can confirm that 12v ones might not be as good...obviously. .....but they are a very acceptable compromise whilst camping and certainly straighten my hair well......and that's not easy, they just take slightly longer to do it than my ghd's do and were worth every penny ?

Croftland1

My 600w inverter powers my wife's ghd hair straighteners no problem.

wakk44

My 600w inverter powers my wife's ghd hair straighteners no problem.

I assume it's a pure sine wave inverter?

I don't think GHD hair straighteners will work on a modified sinewave inverter and can even be damaged.This needs clarification as some members might think it's ok to use the cheaper modified sine wave inverter.

Clunegapyears

Crystal tips uses GHD

With so much thick and long hair, I've not gone the gas 12 volt route. GHDs for me. But can confirm the last van's 700 sine wave investor powered them with no problem.

Jezport

I tried my wifes GHDs on a modified (good quality, not chinese ebay) inverter, they made a buzzing noise so I unplugged them and within a couple of days they packed in. GHD did swap them luckily.
I now have a sinewave inverter.

alcam

If your wives are where they should be [i.e. in the kitchen area] they will have ample access to vegetable oil , bit of bacon fat etc . All of these are excellent for flattening/straightening hair .
p.s. Bacon fat gives off a very attractive fragrance

installer

If your wives are where they should be [i.e. in the kitchen area] they will have ample access to vegetable oil , bit of bacon fat etc . All of these are excellent for flattening/straightening hair .
p.s. Bacon fat gives off a very attractive fragrance

I agree this is why I have always found women who work in roadside takeaways attractive :eek:

Mon

hair staighteners

Got some great cordless rechargeable ones from Sallys. Apparently the charge lasts up to 40 mins. Up to now they are great. called the Diva Freestyler Pro. Ok, not as good as my ghd but not bad at all. I either charge them up at home if off for a short trip or charge them when on hookup.

sasquatch

Tell her to buy a straight wig! On a site some years ago a generator was started at 8am,when I look out it was so the wife? could use her hair dryer,it happened every day!

Bayblue

The clue is in the forums name "Wild Camping" you don't need hair straightners, I like women with wild hair LOL

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)