GPS units

Vicdicdoc

My ‘old’ TomTom XL gps unit seems to have given up the ghost (apart from not being supported anymore by TomTom) - the new model ‘Go Basic’ unit seems to have less facilities such as ‘favourites’ & ability to add POI’s ; what flavour GPS units do you recommend ? TomTom or Garmin ?

mistericeman

Forum Member
I use the tomtom downloaded onto my smartphone and tablet....
£20 ish a year and has free map updates AND live traffic updates...
I wouldn't be without it (especially the amount of miles I do work wise.... But its saved me lying delays whilst away in the van/motorhome too)

Deleted member 4404

I use the TomTom camper and can't fault it. I've had lots of makes over the years and I think it is down to personal preference. The only ones I wouldn't buy again are the novatec type cheapies, they failed me in France and it is nowhere near as easy to update the maps on them.

LibertyHall

Forum Member
Garmin 770 here and to date very pleased with it free for life updates live traffic updates. However the price is a little high😜

RAW

Forum Member
Got a Garmin Drive Smart 50, secondhand - Seems pretty good

Got an old Motorola Xplore 500 - With WINCE OS you can have it for £20 plus postage if you want, touch screen you need to use a Pen device so not great sensitivity. Works alright but old tech
20200202_142238.jpg

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)