Gold van build 3

Garywrench

Read ‘Blue van build 1’ and ‘Silver van build 2’ First lol.
Ok we’ve been caravanners for 13 years, haven’t been abroad for near 20 years, kids are 13 and 16 and bored of Cornwall and wales so decided to sell the caravan and convert a new van to motorhome and go to France and Spain this coming summer . Van arrived with all its options at the start of September 2018 on the new 68 reg and I got cracking.. Polyvision windows in within 2 days and Fiamma F65 on. Design for inside is in my head with an electric raised bed above a rear 6’ lounge- kids get the lounge for sleeping and we get the raised bed above hence H3 . Build stalled as waiting for a fridge that was out of stock , then discontinued.. and the leg of the electric bed falls right next to the fridge... so stuck without it. Having a compressor fridge now rather than 3 way. Carried on building other vans but will get back to this one in 6 weeks or so and rattle it off for summer I hope !
AF9471D2-26EF-415F-9AA0-D29933215990.jpeg

Garywrench

It’ll be a while before I get back to this one unfortunately, another weeks work on the blue one , three weeks work after that on the silver one, we’ll deserved break and then back to the gold one. My business has been a bit quiet of late ... the lads are getting fed up of coming in to sawdust and bits of van lying around though !

GEOFF

Great threads. I don't know who else would be silly enough to do 3 vans at once!!! mine are sadly smaller (LDV Maxus) and will take much longer. Well done. Geoff.

Last edited by a moderator:

Garywrench

Yes I’m being very silly, never done it before - except a bit of a VW T5 , it’s taking far longer than I thought.. and they are big vans to fill. Hoping i get to the end of the silver one and get it sold to put some money back in the bank !

Millie Master

Forum Member
Yes I’m being very silly, never done it before - except a bit of a VW T5 , it’s taking far longer than I thought.. and they are big vans to fill. Hoping i get to the end of the silver one and get it sold to put some money back in the bank !

Make certain that you get the V5 sorted before you try to sell it along with, if you can, an agreed valuation both of which will make it far easier to sell.

Phil

Garywrench

Make certain that you get the V5 sorted before you try to sell it along with, if you can, an agreed valuation both of which will make it far easier to sell.

Phil
Actually I’ve been a little crafty... I have no intention of starting a camper conversion company but thought that if I made a website it would give me a specified value for what I’ve built to sell - the silver one - and also a ‘price’ to insure my gold one for when it’s built so I can insure it as a bought one from a converter rather than self build by me which would presumably be sum of parts plus cost of van... so www.codecampervans.co.uk was born in about 20 minutes haha ! My other business is Code Audio Visual Ltd www.codeav.com which is vat registered so I’ve set up trade accounts to buy stuff for all three vans. Don’t laugh at website - remember it only took 20
Minutes !

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)