Geeeees the prices being asked for 2nd hand campervans!

Millie Master

Forum Member
As I have 2 friends as well as a relative who are looking to buy a panel van converted van I have been looking at Autotrader, Gumtree and Ebay and am utterly gobsmacked at the prices being asked for complete and utter junk!

It might be the current pandemic, surge induced marketplace, but my gaud !!!

Phil

wildebus

Forum Member
As I have 2 friends as well as a relative who are looking to buy a panel van converted van I have been looking at Autotrader, Gumtree and Ebay and am utterly gobsmacked at the prices being asked for complete and utter junk!

It might be the current pandemic, surge induced marketplace, but my gaud !!!

Phil
another current issue is if you decide cheaper to build your own, that is expensive now as well with the cost of wood and some parts are hard to find.

Squiffy

Forum Member
We are at present at the Malvern Weston three counties caravan and motorhome show and as Phil has said the price of secondhand motorhomes is scandalous, my sister in law wants to trade up from her Mercedes Vito but the prices are eye watering for what you get, in theory my van with all the extras I've put in and on it would be the equivalent of 65-70 thousand if purchased new and secondhand in the 45-50. Some of or nearly all at £50,000 don't even have solar or Tv's included in that price let alone Satellite 😜 Phil

Millie Master

Forum Member
No doubt as many of us have done over the years, I am quite frankly disgustingly gob smacked at the quality, or rather the appallingly low rent quality of so many professional conversions!

OK they might all look excellent on the top side, however lift up an edge of material and peep underneath, peer inside and quite literally shudder at the quality or rather lack of their construction methods and the materials used!! And then, bloody hell, the prices being asked for them both new and second hand :confused:

DnK

Forum Member
Speaking to a guy a few days ago who sold his moho for 7 1/2k more than he bought it 5 years previous! Also spoke to a dealer (family member) about present situation, he said he cant keep the forecourt full which is one of his targets but loves the fact he has no price haggling and everything they have sold in past 18 months was at original price advertised. A sellers market presently.

Millie Master

Forum Member
I nearly fell of my stool the other day when someone we know and who is looking for a LWB Master conversion offered me a figure for my 'Millie' which was almost £8k higher than I have her insured for on an agreed valuation!
If I was healthy enough to undertake another build I would have bitten his hand off, but sadly, I am not!

Pudsey Bear

Forum Member
I sold mine for £16k in 2014, bought it back for £6k last year and sold it again for £15,500, I hadn't noticed the prices, similar well speced vans were going for £22k or more.

Peeps are buying some right rubbish adding a few £k to it then selling it on, and there are loads of scams around too, not a good time to buy.

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)