Forget about crimp tools reusable Compression lug connectors

workbox

Forum Member
Cool idea seems legit nowadays to reuse precious metals
New compression lug connectors install without crimp tools, watch short video below

compression-lug.jpg

Last edited:

wildebus

Forum Member
Interesting. Looks handy but I noticed something at the end of the video ....

a 2011 date quoted. Now if a new idea is good, it would have gone pretty mainstream within 10 years? and I personally have never seen these.
is it because they are not that good? (seem good); or is it because the price is not right (I reckon this is the one - how many machined/stamped out crimps can you buy compared to one of those?) And how often does the normal person have a need to reuse a connector?

workbox

Forum Member
Interesting. Looks handy but I noticed something at the end of the video ....

a 2011 date quoted. Now if a new idea is good, it would have gone pretty mainstream within 10 years?

You missing the point. Company starts with reusable battery terminals in 2011, and now new line of reusable lug connectors.
hope that helps. :)

wildebus

Forum Member
You missing the point. Company starts with reusable battery terminals in 2011, and now new line of reusable lug connectors.
hope that helps to rectify your criticism. :)
not criticism, observation. Where can we buy these popular items?

wildebus

Forum Member
I didn't see any there. lots of compression leg supports suggested though.
on the website, prices from $6 to $10 and beyond. have to be gold, not tin-plated for that to be a starter. Sorry, but who cares if you can reuse a connector if you can buy 9 replacements for the same price as one reusable one? and copper is recycled and reused not thrown away so forget the "saving the planet" aspect.
good idea, bad marketing (and not much use for UK/European when all sizes quoted are in AWG and Imperial)

workbox

Forum Member
I didn't see any there. lots of compression leg supports suggested though.
on the website, prices from $6 to $10 and beyond. have to be gold, not tin-plated for that to be a starter. Sorry, but who cares if you can reuse a connector if you can buy 9 replacements for the same price as one reusable one? and copper is recycled and reused not thrown away so forget the "saving the planet" aspect.
good idea, bad marketing (and not much use for UK/European when all sizes quoted are in AWG and Imperial)

read first post there is a link under New compression lug connectors

PeteS

Forum Member
To be fair the OP did put the link to the website in the original post. However they dont appear to be available in the uk.

wildebus

Forum Member
When I said "any there" - I meant Amazon, following from RV2Maxs comment.

(I also said "on the website, prices from $6 to $10" and I couldn't have said that if I haven't have clicked the link to go to the website?)

Last edited:

mb2tv

Forum Member
It is nt clear from the website: how is the pressure put to the wire? When you crimp there is some surface area that the crimp is putting onto the wire. If this lug put pressure only at the front of the lug, it will cut the wire in time. Also i would like to see how it stands vibration.
It seem to be a US product so by the time you get it over here the $6 will turn into 10gbp, and at that price as @wildebus said, it better be gold plated...

Users who viewed this discussion (Total:0)